iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Possible log turner axle or killbilly club.

Started by Modat22, November 15, 2005, 11:55:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Modat22

[/img]

I was given 18 of these 2.25 inch dia x 16 inch long sections of round stock. They used to be the hammers inside magnetic rappers (miggy's) on an electrostatic precipitator bank.

Now.. if only I could find a use for em....

I'll end up using one or 2 on a home grown hydraulic log turner, and one or 2 for self defence weapons. ;)

OH I also found some liquid ring vacuum pumps and try as I might I can't get them. They where used for medical vacuum system at a hospital that we're adding onto and was told that the pumps are considered a bio hazard and have to be completely destroyed. This just kills me.
remember man that thy are dust.

Larry

Quote from: Modat22 on November 15, 2005, 11:55:48 AM
OH I also found some liquid ring vacuum pumps and try as I might I can't get them. They where used for medical vacuum system at a hospital that we're adding onto and was told that the pumps are considered a bio hazard and have to be completely destroyed. This just kills me.

Hospital's and labs are prime users of vacuum pumps...lot of em find there way to Ebay.  Don't want anything to do with them bio hazards.

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Modat22

Ahh I'd soak them in clorine for a few weeks, They normally spray a sealant on these pumps as they're removed and wrap them in plastic.

The demo contractors by law are supposed to be licensed and must provide proof of proper disposal methods.
remember man that thy are dust.

Murf

Quote from: Modat22 on November 15, 2005, 11:55:48 AM

[/img]
I'll end up using one or 2 on a home grown hydraulic log turner, and one or 2 for self defence weapons. ;)

By my calculations, each of these bars weighs a little over 18 pounds, if you're able ta swing em' at any kinda speed, you're likely one of the last people ta need a 'weapon' of any kind.........  :D
If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

Thank You Sponsors!