Sponsors:

Please watch your self

Started by Bruno of NH, December 26, 2016, 10:56:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno of NH

I was rushed to the ER Chritmas morning
I could not breath. !!!!
Ended up at Dartmouth Medical Center in Lebanon NH
Had massive blood clots in my lungs and my blood sugar of the charts .
I all most waited to long
I was very sick
I'm in ICU with great care from the best doctors !!
I'm very lucky .
Don't wait !!
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Ljohnsaw

Wow, not a very good Christmas present :-\

Glad you are still around to type this message!  Take care and mend quickly.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Ed_K

I pray you'll recover real soon.
Ed K

fishpharmer

Prayers sent for a full recovery.  Glad you pulled through!
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

drobertson

Mercy sakes! Glad you got help in time! Pretty sure many of us take advantage of our days without a thought of what may be our last one, glad you got this one in time!
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

petefrom bearswamp

Wow! wishing you a speedy recovery bruno
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

sawguy21

WOW, that is a wake up call if there ever was one.  :o Take care of yourself and get well soon. What happened, you been eating grits or something?
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Bruno of NH

Lol on the grits
I would try some today haven't eaten in a couple of days :)
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Jim_Rogers

Health comes first. get well soon.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

thecfarm

Lucky you are!!! Good health to you.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

:o  What a shock.  My prayer is for a full and complete recovery for you. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

redbeard

Your in our thoughts n prayers Bruno, wishing you a speedy recovery
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

21incher

Get well soon Bruno.  You will be in our prayers.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

yukon cornelius

Sending prayers for you. I am glad you are being well cared for.
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

barbender

Whoa Bruno! What a scare, get better soon!
Too many irons in the fire

LeeB

Get well soon Bruno and thanks for reminding us that our health is in our own hands.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Bruno of NH

Having a bad night :(
Can't sleep for the third night in a row
Can't get comfortable
I'm trying hard good thing for the FF
The Blood clots might have started from driving plow truck ,sitting in the seat for 10/12 hours at a time .
Not good for my extra winter income :(
It's going to hurt more ways than one I guess
Thanks for listening
Bruno

Bruno of NH

Going to have to give myself 4 shots a day in my stomach for a while :(

luvmexfood

Wishing you a speedy recovery and pretty nurses.  ;D
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

timberlinetree

Yikes! Praying for you to get well soon!
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

dgdrls

Get well quick Bruno, 
and get home,

D

Chuck White

Hope you get well soon, Bruno!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

GRANITEstateMP

Bruno,

Your in the best place to get patched up.  The doctors at Dartmouth have been super good for my family in the past.  Wishing you a full and speedy recovery in the new year.  Don't worry about not being able to plow snow, now you can justify getting a more comfortable seat!
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

Kbeitz

Quote from: Bruno of NH on December 27, 2016, 01:40:32 AM
Going to have to give myself 4 shots a day in my stomach for a while :(

tequila shots ?
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Bruno of NH

thecfarm

I wonder,when plowing,stop every hour and run around the truck 5-6 times.  ;D Well at least walk anyways. Do a few stretch exercises?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Bruno of NH

That's what the docs told me to do .
20 years ago I had standard shift one tons for plowing
Moving one leg a lot :)

fat olde elf

"That's what the docs told me to do"  I pray that you do what the docs tell you. That sounds like a very close call and a serious warning.  Best wishes for a speedy recovery and many, many more Happy New Years  !!
Cook's MP-32 saw, MF-35, Several Husky Saws, Too Many Woodworking Tools, 4 PU's, Kind Wife.

CHARLIE

Wow! That is scary stuff. Thank goodness you did get to a doctor and sure glad you got a good one. I wish you a speedy recovery.
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

timberlinetree

Snow plowing is a tuff job! Especially where there is lots of snow and hills(New Hampshire)!Hope you get well soon!!

Bruno of NH

I might be heading home today !!
Going to be a little bit before I get my wind back as the clots break up

Magicman

I was anxious to hear from you this morning.  Take care my friend.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

Bruno of NH

I have made it home and very tired from lack of sleep. Very limited lung capacity untill the clots break up more .
The care from Dartmouth Medical Staff was the best !!
I hope to start building up my stamina tommrow so I can get back at it .
This is going to cost me a lot because I'm uninsured
I will need to get back at asap
Thanks for all the good wishes !!!
Bruno

thecfarm

There!!! Home is the place to be. Do whatever the Doctors told you to do.

Peter Drouin

I just saw this, Wow, what the hell are you doing over there?
Good your tough like your old man, or you would not be here to talk about it!
I know you will get better, but, you might have to give up plowing and staying off your backside. :D ;) :new_year:
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Bruno of NH

Made it to the basement this morning to clean and fill the pellet stove .
Went on a trip to town to get a coffee
Back home we are getting a nor'easter to day
Still very winded

SawyerBrown

Take it easy out there, that's a scary story for sure! 
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

Peter Drouin

Do you have a driver for your truck for this storm?
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Bruno of NH

Peter
Yes I found a guy who just retired from a town road crew .
It will work out great I hope :

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.

samandothers

Bruno
Been away for a bit and just catching up.  Sounds like you had a close call!   I hope you continue to improve and find what works to continue your work but manage your health.  Sounds like stretch breaks are in order and/or were the orders!

Bruno of NH

Feeling better but have the energy level of a turtle in low speed :)
Hope it gets better this week !

thecfarm

Feeling better is good, having the energy level of a turtle in low speed is good too. That will give you some much needed rest. Listen to your body!!!!!!!!!   ;D   I know you are.

Bruno of NH

I had a Dr appointment today at 1:30 got out at 3:45
Back on blood thinner shots 4 a day for 3 more days
They almost kept me
My stomach looks like I've been in a prize fight
The clots are worse than I thought
This is starting to stink :(
Thanks for listening just bumbed out a bit

Peter Drouin

Do the shots help break up clots?
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Logger RK

Hope your doing better. Did they figure out what was causing the blood clots? Or there thinking there from sitting for extended periods of time when plowing?

Bruno of NH

Peter
No the shots don't break up the clots but help some and make it not happen again right off.
RK
Most likely from sitting in the truck they think

Den Socling

A week ago yesterday, a good friend stopped in to see us. He was obviously fine. During the night of Jan 1 to Jan 2, his wife woke up and he wasn't in bed. She couldn't find him in the house so she went outside to go to his shop that is attached to his garage. She found him dead on the sidewalk. The coroner said he had a heart attack brought on by the flu. Mike was 58. You never know.  :(

Farmerjw

When I had my artery replaced in my right arm from wrist to arm pit I had to give myself those shots for 3 weeks, 2 a day if I remember right.  My belly looked like someone had beat me with a 2X4 across my gut.  Then about week three the blood was so thin, it would seep out the tiny hole the needle made.  Never thought I could give myself a shot, have to do what you have to do. 

Hope this finds you feeling better every day.  With the limited lung capacity, did they give you a machine to exhale into to measure/increase your capacity?  If so, use it, work it, that little exercise works wonders.
Premier Bovine Scatologist

Bruno of NH

Got out in the truck today and did a little sanding :)
At least got out of the house and did some thing but still in turtle mode :)

hacknchop

Good to get out and don't worry about turtle mode sometimes slow and steady is the way to go. :D
Often wrong never indoubt

Den Socling

I was thinking about you, Bruno, and my friend Mike. A doctor told me I wouldn't need a test again for two years. I was thinking about the chances of being alive in two years. I guess I shouldn't be such a pessimist. When I was young, I always thought the old had to go to make room for the new. With me looking at 67, that doesn't seem so reasonable as it used to.  :D

Bruno of NH

Had another Dr appointment today.
Back on the shots 4 a day for 4 more days
They can't get my blood to thin out enough.
Give my self a shot and it leaks out blood out the neadle hole .
I going to kick this thing but it's starting to make me mad :)

Magicman

Thank you for keeping us updated and I will keep you on my prayer list.

Bruno of NH

Thanks for listening
I don't have many friend anymore so just need to vent a little .

Peter Drouin

Leaks,Leaks, Is that like drip,drip. Do you have a bandaid or two?

smiley_biggrin01
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Bruno of NH

Magicman

Quote from: Bruno of NH on January 06, 2017, 06:03:24 PMI don't have many friend anymore. 
Actually I understand that comment.  Our association with people changes as we change, our work environment changes, and our family changes.  We may relocate and certainly we grow older and loose common bonds.

Friendships that are developed here on the FF are much different indeed.  We come here on even terms with a desire to learn, to share, and to develop new skills.  Along the way we also develop new friends without any hint of judgement regarding their supposedly status within our worldly ways.

Yes my friend, you have many caring friends here.

Bruno of NH

Thank you Mr MM
I look up to people like you :)
I have lost all my older/wiser mentors that have helped guide me over the years .

thecfarm

yukon cornelius

Bruno, you have more friends than you might think. I understand your statement though. This place is FULL to the brim with friends.  ;D
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

47sawdust

Hey Jim,
We are carpentry brothers and Forum brothers.I don't have many friends either,but MM couldn't have put it better.I take a stroll through the forum every day to see who's doing what.
I'll be 70 soon and have yet to spend the night in the hospital.My doctor is retiring in May and I just might stop going to the doctor then too (probably not).
Thanks for taking us along and for the updates.Best to you for a full recovery.Slow and steady gets r done.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

PC-Urban-Sawyer

Quote from: Bruno of NH on January 06, 2017, 06:03:24 PM
Thanks for listening
I don't have many friend anymore so just need to vent a little .

Well, seems to me you probably have quite a few friends here on the Forestry Forum.

Vent away...

Keep trying to take better care of yourself.

I'll be remembering you in my prayers.

Herb

WDH

Bruno,

The tortoise won the race.  Take it one day at a time. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Darrel

Praying for you, Bruno, my friend.
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

Peter Drouin

You still leaking? And do you have a good appetite?
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Bruno of NH

Peter
Still leaking :)
Not eating that much but that's  good thing for me :)
Have a Dr appointment today We will see what she tells me .

Magicman

I am anxious and I know that you are much more so.  My prayers continue to be with you.

r.man

Take care of yourself Bruno, my brother had a problem with blood clots in his 20s, they are one of those things that don't get talked about much but can happen. When my wife and I travel we try to get out of the vehicle every hour or two. In your case you should be taking a work break every 2 hours anyway so use the time to walk around or go into a coffee shop. Don't do drive through.  I just read the whole thread for the first time, I have been busy and away some, and what I got from it was that the doctors think that grits were a contributing factor?  Maybe a combination of grits and cold weather which is why the southern boys don't have this problem?
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

Bruno of NH

Thanks Guys
It means a lot knowing you all care :)
r man  lol on the grits
I don't think the doc's will let me eat them :)

r.man

Don't grits have a medical warning on the packaging? I suppose it could say eat only with maple syrup.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

Bruno of NH

I'm shut off on the maple syrup :(
That's going to hurt :)

Chuck White

Quote from: Bruno of NH on January 09, 2017, 09:12:18 AM
I'm shut off on the maple syrup :(
That's going to hurt :)

I'm sorry to hear this news Bruno!

And to think, sugaring season will be starting here in about a 1½ months!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Bruno of NH

Just got back from the Dr's the blood only thinned to 1.5 needs to be 2-3 more shots and pills back on Friday to check again.

Darrel

Frequent checking is good. If your blood gets too thin you can bleed out and that's not good. Glad to see that they're doing the right thing. You are still being prayed for.
1992 LT40HD

Peter Drouin

So how is the new driver working out?  Does your truck have a sander on it?
Rain here last night . I have been out like 4 times in the last few days sanding the drive way.
This is getting old fast, rain, freeze, rain, freeze. smiley_dizzy
A&P saw Mill LLC.

timberlinetree

Hope you get well soon! Your in our thoughts and prays! Your forest forum friend, Jayson.

Bruno of NH

Peter
The fill in driver has worked out but he's ready for me to get back.He don't like working around all the cars .
The truck has a SS Hiway sander load sand/salt mix with my tractor . There has been lots of ice.
Thanks Jayson
I have a Dr's appointment today at 1:30 will see how it goes :)
Bruno

Bruno of NH

Just got out of the Dr's
My blood is a 2.0 now but to close so back on the shots till Monday :)
Good news
Monday they will start on my blood suger and adjust that .
Making some progress :)
Thanks Bruno

Roxie

Poor Bruno!  I'm pretty sure we can all appreciate how very hard it is to wait and stay down, but the important thing is that you come out the other end of this ordeal healthy.
Say when

Chuck White

Those shots are no fun either!   :o

Darrel

I've given a whole lot of those shots to others, never to myself.
1992 LT40HD

Chuck White

samandothers

Glad to hear progress is being made!

Bruno of NH

Had a Dr's appointment today I'm off the blood thinning shots just on a pill now.
Dr said I could mill a little at end of the week but no plow truck untill after my appointment next Monday .
She said see has never seen anyone with the amount of clots I had in my lungs .
I have some maple logs to mill up .
I need to get back at it this has cost me a lot just when I was getting a little a head .
O well just makes you want to go at it harder
Bruno

Den Socling

Good news about those shots. And at least the logs are safe this time of year.

Darrel

Good to hear you are off the shots. Hoping you don't have to be on the pills for too long.
1992 LT40HD

Peter Drouin

So you're not leaking now?  ;D
Good thing, now you can mill some logs and not make a mess on your lumber.  ;D ;)
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Bruno of NH

Maple wouldn't sell very well with red drops on it lol :)

Magicman

That is good news to hear Burno.    smiley_thumbsup

21incher

Glad to hear that you are recovering and feeling better. As you said watch your self and listen to the doctors orders.  :)
That would be like GMO maple  ;D
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Bruno of NH

Back at the Dr's today now my INR level is to high :(
Got to go back Friday to get it checked again
To low then to high can't wait to get this right :)

Darrel

Sometimes that INR is not easy to get right. I've had patients that we never did get it right. Just had to keep fiddling with the dosage. Raise the dosenone week and lower it the next. The important thing is to take the med and keep checking levels. Your health depends on it. So hang in there and keep the recovery going.
1992 LT40HD

Chuck White

Quote from: Darrel on January 30, 2017, 10:11:44 PM
Sometimes that INR is not easy to get right. I've had patients that we never did get it right. Just had to keep fiddling with the dosage. Raise the dosenone week and lower it the next. The important thing is to take the med and keep checking levels. Your health depends on it. So hang in there and keep the recovery going. 

I agree with that Darrel!

My dosage is odd, one day I take 7.5mg and the next day I take 5mg of Warfarin and it keeps me on track!

Thank You Sponsors!