iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Daily Firewood Picture Thread

Started by mike_belben, May 09, 2021, 11:23:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimbarry

A beauty day to block some hardwood. Cutting the stuff too big for the processor.

B.C.C. Lapp

Quote from: Magicman on March 07, 2022, 11:45:26 AM

OK Guys, here is what I started the Winter with.

And here is what I am down to now.  Two more fires and I will have to wheelbarrow a few more sticks up from the woodshed.  The forecast is for 29° Saturday, 25° Sunday, and 34° next Monday.  Yup, I had better grease da wheel and git ta rollin'.  ::)

It snowed out by da mailbox.  :)

Geese Louise Magicman  I burn that much in four days. :)    Its 8 degrees here right now. >:(
Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf.

Magicman

Bbbut, we don't gots dem Glaciers down here, but I did have to lite a flicker yesterday and this morning.  Yikes !!!   :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Al_Smith

It might be over, I certainly hope so .I got a nice load of wind blown hickory yesterday ,nicely dry from 4" to about 6 " which of course doesn't need split .Plus I might have finally figured out that danged high  tech propane furnace that's given me fits .Come on spring time .I much prefer sitting on my duff in my lawn chair  enjoying a cold one than freezing my behind off with a chainsaw .

breederman

Cut some dead cherry next to the driveway. I like the short trip to the wood shed 😀
Going to try my first picture on the forum.

Together we got this !

breederman

Well I put pic in twice but I did it !
Together we got this !

newoodguy78

I've done the same thing. Quite a feeling of accomplishment when the first one goes up, at least it was for me. Nice job. 

rjwoelk

Got 56 cord of birch in 16ft coming on sat morning,  the start of the camping season.
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

GRANITEstateMP

I really wanted to be working up some firewood today...raining and the last of the frost is coming out, not a good combo.  Hope for better weather tomm
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

cutterboy

I have quite a bit of wood on the ground all cut up to length. I'm just waiting for a field to dry up enough to get the tractor to the wood.

To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

newoodguy78

You've got those woods about as clean as your woodshed floor. :o Keep up the good work. 

Dragline

Tim
Woodland mills HM122,  Husqvarna 545 Mark2, Powerking stump grinder,  MF135 tractor,  HF trencher

Dragline

Tim
Woodland mills HM122,  Husqvarna 545 Mark2, Powerking stump grinder,  MF135 tractor,  HF trencher

mike_belben

Been comin home with a load of trimmings from the bucksaw every workday.  Loaded by the knuckleboom.  

Now if itd just split itself...
Praise The Lord

Al_Smith

Goofy typical Ohio weather this time of year .Mid 20's at night high 50's day time .The firewood box is loaded up but the fire is out .Finally when the heating season is almost over I got that high tech pain in the back sides furnace running after I figured out how it works .It's top secret, they don't tell you much .--that's a story for another time .

cutterboy

First slabs of the year, cut up and stacked in the barn. Mostly red maple, little ash, little aspen.

To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

thecfarm

I don't know it you really call it firewood, but it is keeping me warm.  :D
I am cleaning up this area.

Lots and lots of branches to pick up.
I cut a eastern white pine that the top broke off. That produced some branches.
I have a OWB that will take a 54 inch stick. Some "firewood" is only an inch through. Not asking that stuff to get me through the night, just a few hours. Might take 4-6 fillings, and time but it does make heat.

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

newoodguy78

That area of woods looks really nice. 

jimbarry

SwampDonkey

Saturday, I cut and split firewood as I went and tossing brush off the trail, most of the tops landed out of the trail.  But some dry dead stuff would land on it. I like clean trails, and my limbs feed the soil. ;D Wood was forwarded to the road, then later loaded onto the pick up. I figure I got 6/10th hauled in and stacked. Takes 3 pickup loads to make a cord in the Tacoma. Enough to finish a rank in the house, so the wood room is full. And enough for a smaller rank out under the porch, which could take another wheel barrel load. Probably need to cut 6 pick up loads to replace what gets burned by June 10th. Then cut 2023 wood this fall. Been only a couple days that were 60's here, and that was in March. Been colder ever since, barely enough 50 degree days to count on one hand. 47F today, and all day to get there. Keeps the flies at bay. :D Great cut'n weather, can't be beat, as long as it ain't snowing and raining. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

jimbarry

Drive through pick up comes in all shapes and sizes.

jimbarry

Ever wonder what 768 cubic feet (6 cords) of 14 inch long split hardwood looks like? Here you go. Normally 4 crates make one cord when stacking 16 inch long firewood pieces. For 14 inch firewood we stack each cord using 5 crates to allow for good, end grain air flow drying.

doc henderson

Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

hedgerow

Jim did the guy with the stock trailer take a load of cows to the pasture or to town? Looks like he made good use of the trip and back hauled firewood home. That's planning ahead.                                                                      

jimbarry

Quote from: hedgerow on May 18, 2022, 04:17:30 PM
Jim did the guy with the stock trailer take a load of cows to the pasture or to town? Looks like he made good use of the trip and back hauled firewood home. That's planning ahead.                                                                      
You would think that but no. He didn't want to pay the delivery fee of $55 for 2 cord of a 4 cord purchase so he made four 70km round trips. He likely paid more in fuel not to mention his time. To each their own I guess. 

Thank You Sponsors!