iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Central Boiler 'Auto' Night Lite

Started by DR_Buck, November 15, 2008, 09:51:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DR_Buck

Anyone have an explanation on how the 'auto' light function on the Central Boiler units is supposed to work.   Information in the manual is kind of sparse.

On my unit, the 'ON'  position turns on both the front and side lights.   I understand this is correct.    The 'AUTO' position only effects the front light and not the side.  This is also correct.  The issue on my unit is in 'AUTO' the light comes on and stays on after dark.  I was led to believe that it was supposed to be activated with a motion sensor after dark and would go off after some time of no motion.  Is this correct and mine is not working correct, or is it just a day - night sensor?    If so, this is kind of counter to the saving energy idea.     
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

beenthere

Might be it functions like a regular motion detector light.
::)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Jim H

The light is a dusk to dawn light controlled by  a sensor near the temperature display
2008 LT40HDG28, autoclutch, debarker, stihl 026, 046, ms460 bow, 066, JD 2350 4wd w/245 loader, sawing since '94 fulltime since '98

DR_Buck

Quote from: Jim H on November 15, 2008, 03:15:14 PM
The light is a dusk to dawn light controlled by  a sensor near the temperature display

That's kind of what I thought it was.  :(       Looks like I'm going to have to change out the sensor, or add a motion detector to the circuit.    I'd like the light to come on if I approach the unit when it is dark.  smiley_lit_bulb  Then have it go off by it's self after I am done loading wood and walk away.    I have a light on the front of my shed that works that way.
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

stumper

I was actually considering removing the lens and bulb from the front one and installing a twins spot light set up.  Hopefully being able to aim one spot down and into the box and the other out toward my wood pile.  Has anybody tried that?

Thank You Sponsors!