iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

iSOLD - IT - Anyone with experience ???

Started by Warren, October 20, 2009, 01:06:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warren

Anyone have experience buying or selling high value items via Craigslist using iSOLD-IT ??? 

I am looking at a sizeable purchase for an item I found on Craigslist.  Owner is out of state on a contract job.  Turned the selling over to iSOLD-IT as their agent.  This in itself is not a major concern.  However, I am also getting some indirect answers to some direct questions about the unit.  Typically referring to the 10 day money back guarantee for purchasing thru iSOLD-IT. 

Finally, after a couple emails, it appears the person may not be native to the U.S.  Again, nothing major.  But, put it all together, I am getting a little nervous that this may be a scam, or some other hidden agenda...

All feedback about iSOLD-IT greatly appreciated...

-w-

LT40SHD42, Case 1845C,  Baker Edger ...  And still not near enough time in the day ...

beenthere

Warren

Looking around on google, I found this (quote in red)

Hey folks, I just wanted to pass this on...

I was looking at a boat on the local CraigsList that was listed for $3000 which is about half the cost that it should have been. I emailed the seller and he emailed me back. He said that he was on his Honeymoon and that he needed to sell it quick because his Mom apparently needed the money. So this started to sound like a scam to me but I proceeded cautiously. He said that he had given the boat to the local ISOLDit office which handles ebay transactions. Having never heard of ISOLDit, I did a little research and found it to be a very legitament service that Ebay uses. So I told this guy to proceed. He took my name and address and said that ISOLDit would be contacting me via email. They did... asking for $3000 to be sent to an account in Texas using Moneygram... Which is where I STOPPED!
I called the local ISOLDit office and they said that they've been hearing this scam more and more. One was a camper... another a car.

Does it sound familiar to your deal?  To me, it does.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

GF

Almost sounds like the same scam to me.  If it sounds like to good of a deal, then normally this is a key indicator of a scam, and when they happen to be out of state on a contract job and they turned it over to someone else this is another indicator of a scam in my opinion. 

GF

Warren

Gents,

To all who replied.  Thank you.  I will steer clear.  It maybe totally legit... But, I have no interest in spending hard earned dollars to find out...  I appreciate the input...

-w-
LT40SHD42, Case 1845C,  Baker Edger ...  And still not near enough time in the day ...

Warren

After doing a little more research, I found the following link on the iSOLD-IT site under the heading of "Scams on Craigslist".  The message text on the scam listed here is almost verbatim to the email I received regarding the item I  was  interested in....  Buyers beware of iSOLD-IT scams on Craigslist....

-w-

http://877isoldit.com/index.php/Protecting-Yourself-From-Scams/scams-on-craigslist.html

easymoney

one thing to watch out for is people that cant seem to speak or spell good english. i would not want to part with my money on any deal until i could see the item and be sure of clear title.

isawlogs

A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Thank You Sponsors!