iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husqvarna 61

Started by dirtmod454, December 27, 2010, 10:45:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dirtmod454

Hi I recently picked up a 1990 husqvarna model 61. When i use it i notice a lot of bar oil running out of the side cover. I have taken it apart and cleaned everything and still have the same problem. The chain seems to be getting some lubrication but there is an awful lot of bar oil that ends up around the clutch and drive sprocket and eventually runs out the bottom of the cover. I have run quite a few saws and have never had any such problem. Anyone run into this kind of problem? Any suggestions?

Tom

Check the oil ports in the bar and make sure that the bar groove is clean.  The hole into the groove must be open as well.  Does the hole in the bar match the delivery from the pump?

ely

like tom said, i had a 61 that did that when i put a different( read wrong) bar on it. i finally noticed the bar oil hole was way in front of the oil hole in the saw.

on a side note, if it gives you trouble you can always send me the ign.coil off that 61 i could sure use it on mine. ;D

logloper

Just had the same problem. My bar had flared out a bit on the edges by where the oiler groove is, preventing it to contact fully. Ground these flares off and it helped. Also turned the oiler down 1 notch. Then we drilled out the oil hole on the bar a bit. Dont know what did the trick, but it quit slobbering oil all over.

sablatnic

Maybe the oiler has been adjusted to give the full amount, which is quite a lot!

WDH

Quote from: ely on December 28, 2010, 09:55:15 AM
on a side note, if it gives you trouble you can always send me the ign.coil off that 61 i could sure use it on mine. ;D

Ely, if he has two, I need a ign. coil too ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Thank You Sponsors!