iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

De-barker

Started by Gentlewolf, December 01, 2013, 10:36:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gasawyer

I agree that red clay is problem almost as bad as sand. I would do without set works before not having a debarker. Really depends on where you're logs are coming from on how necessary a debarker is. Most of the time I need it.
Woodmizer LT-40hdd super hyd.,Lucas 618,Lucas 823dsm,Alaskian chainsaw mill 6',many chainsaws large and small,NH L555 skidsteer, Int. TD-9,JD500 backhoe, and International grapple truck.

Magicman

I had seven logs really caked with dried mud today.  I got 1500bf, but it took 4 blades.  The Debarker took care of it's side and we wire brushed as best we could with the off side, but it was still bad.  They looked like glazed donuts.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on December 03, 2013, 08:50:51 PM
I had seven logs really caked with dried mud today.  I got 1500bf, but it took 4 blades.  The Debarker took care of it's side and we wire brushed as best we could with the off side, but it was still bad.  They looked like glazed donuts.

Just be glad you had a Debarker with all that mess!  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Peter Drouin

Mud, you should try frozen gravel and rocks on a log and the de-barker rides over the rock and cleans it nice then the blade cuts the rock in half and ruins  the blade.  :D :D ;D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Magicman

I can not even imagine the horror of frozen mud or logs.   :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Peter Drouin

Even the bark freezes on the log. Can't get it off either. :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Brucer

The one case where I'd like a debarker on the exit side of the cut is when I'm sawing an ice-covered log in the winter. More than once I've seen the sparks flying on the exit -- the blades is sawing through dirt that's embedded in the ice :(.

Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

kelLOGg

Quote from: Magicman on December 03, 2013, 08:50:51 PM
They looked like glazed donuts.

OK. It's time for someone to say "it always comes down to food". I did it.

Speaking of food, the NC gathering will be Saturday IF it isn't rained out.
Bob
Cook's MP-32, 20HP, 20' (modified w/ power feed, up/down, loader/turner)
DH kiln, CatClaw setter and sharpener, tandem trailer, log arch, tractor, thumb tacks

JFarmer

Buy the debarker. It will save you time and money and you wont regret it!
LT40 electric,woodmizer twin blade edger,cooks catclaw sharpener,suffolk setter, john deere 450 dozer, case 90xt skidsteer, 7010 4x4 mahindra tractor

backwoods sawyer

I use the mud saw only when logs are dirty, and have worn out the motor and both arms, ordered a complete new set up from wm.
Over the last couple months while the arms are being build, we have been sawing logs like mm pine, avoid the mud to some degree, never the less a box of saws don't got as far.
Backwoods Custom Milling Inc.
100% portable. . Oregons largest portable sawmill service, serving all of Oregon, from our Backwoods to yours..sawing since 1991

Thank You Sponsors!