iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

NHLA Lumber Grading course at PA Wood-Mizer

Started by MartyParsons, March 02, 2009, 09:07:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MartyParsons

A great time will be had at PA Wood-Mizer NHLA lumber grading course. Back by demand!

When: March 30, 31 and April 1st   Monday will be 9 am sharp starting time will be determined by the instructor and students after the first class. Other classes were from 8 am - 5 pm Wednesday will be Test day students will be released after they pass the test.  ;)

Where: 22638 Croghan Pike ( SR-522)  Shade Gap, Pennsylvania 17255

Why: Course included NHLA Lumber grading rule book, you will recieve a certificate of taking the NHLA short course. If you need more info on what is included please give us a call.

Must register by March 25 or sooner ( We need 10 students to pay for the instructor) !!

This is a three day course taught by Dale Heitzleman retired NHLA lumber grader. This is our 3rd year of doing this and the previous students were excited about Dale and his method of instruction.

Cost: $ 375.00 included lodging at a local Bed and Breakfest  Wood-Mizer of PA will provide cooked lunch every day! Good food great times! Dinner will be on your own. $ 275.00 if you chose to stay at a local Motel in local towns ( nearest one is 35 -40 miles away)
On the second day after the training we can do a hands on training on any subject the group would like. ( related to band mills or lumber grading)  Last year we had a log and discussed what grade the log would produce before it was cut. Then we sawed the log and graded the lumber off the log before edging. Then we up graded the lumber by edging to raise the value of the lumber.
Contact us at the shop or e-mail 814-259-9976 pawoodmizer@earthlink.net
Marty

"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

Dan_Shade

I took the course last year that Marty arranged. 

It was top notch, Dale is an excellent instructor, and I learned a LOT about lumber grading.

If I weren't so busy, I'd take it again.  The class really opened my eyes to sawing for grade lumber, I think this class is a must have for folks wanting to give their customers the best bang for the buck out there!
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

MartyParsons

Lisa mailed out the information on the grading course today. If you would like one sent out let us know. We welcome anyone. You do not need to own a Wood-Mizer to attend.
M
"A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty." -Winston Churchill

Thank You Sponsors!