iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New way to unload your logs

Started by florida, September 26, 2012, 03:22:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

i say one thing for you Okra,you remember Maine alot diffeant than the way I do.  ;) I only lived about 15 minutes from a paper mill on a state highway,I don't remember trucks accidents at all. Yes,some go through the ice and still do too,but get out too.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Okrafarmer

Quote from: thecfarm on October 05, 2012, 10:19:16 PM
i say one thing for you Okra,you remember Maine alot diffeant than the way I do.  ;) I only lived about 15 minutes from a paper mill on a state highway,I don't remember trucks accidents at all. Yes,some go through the ice and still do too,but get out too.

Well, after all, I only spent my childhood there, and a couple years since. I guess as a kid, things seem more dramatic, and you only remember the dramatic things, whether they are frequent or seldom. Whether there were many log truck accidents or not, they sure were talked about when they did happen.

One thing is for sure, my mom was very scared of the trucks, in the winter time, coming down the road, swaying from side to side. She never felt like she had enough road on her side-- each encounter was traumatic to her.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Magicman

My Mom remembered and was always frightened by passing log trucks.  She either saw or heard about a load giving way and crushing a car/people when she was small.  We would hear that story every time we met a loaded log truck.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!