iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Took another hard hit this past weekend

Started by DbltreeBelgians, April 05, 2021, 04:20:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DbltreeBelgians

We'll the hits just keep coming.
In the past year an a half I've lost my beloved Belgian Draft horses Jed and Jake, 2 wonderful aunts and 2 uncles then I lost my mother last June 2nd. I moved my parents to my home during a hurricane that was ravaging Florida in September of 17. Both were starting to fail in health and I felt it best to have them here to tend to their needs. My sister lives in Grand Junction Colorado and that wasn't an option so I figured since they took care of me for all those years I could take care of them and I had plenty of space for them to live here on their own yet I'm as close as a holler if needed.
After mom passed dad started going downhill fast and by December he made the decision to go to a skilled nursing facility as I wasn't able to care for him the way he needed anymore. He had always told me if he had to go to a home he might as well just cash in his chips.
I hadn't seen him other than looking through his window since mid December until just recently the state started allowing nursing home visits. I visited him every day last week except Friday. I could tell he was failing fast. He quit eating and refused his medication. I tried all I could to get him to eat but he just told me he wasn't hungry. My daughter visited him last Thursday evening and he told her he wouldn't care if he cashed in his chips the next day.
At 02:22 Saturday morning mom called him home to be with her for Easter dinner.
I'll miss the man I always thought was invincible and taught me so much in life but I'll have all the great memories to take with me wherever I may go. He was my best man in my wedding and I couldn't have been more proud of that. He was the reason I became a firefighter as he was a career firefighter and he was so proud to have his only granddaughter become a firefighter also.
He built beautiful homes in the mountains of Colorado and was a great craftsman with wood and just loved it when I'd show him posts and pictures from the Forestry Forum.

RIP Dad 

Brent

firefighter ontheside

I'm so sorry Brent.  Just one of those losses would make for a bad year.  
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

CCCLLC

Condolences, keep looking ahead for brighter times. Prayers going out to you and your family.

Nebraska

I am sorry for your loss,  I hope the rest of this year is much better. My father is my hero as well.

Old Greenhorn

So very sorry to read this. Your post has me in tears. Your story is so close to mine in the way that we took care of my parents for the last 10 years of their life. My Dad passed first when he finally got tired of fighting and he couldn't see well enough to do the work he needed to do and his hand and leg strength was failing. He died in my arms at 96. Mom passed about a year and a half later in a rehab center and my sister was with her when it happened suddenly, I got there 15 minutes later.  She was 93. Dad was a WW2 vet  of the Pacific and could fix about anything. He was the center of my life. Mom got the family through some tough times making it all work somehow and was a rock.
 I miss them both dearly, so I think I have an idea of your pain and my heart truly goes out to you with prayers for peace in you soul. Just know that you did very well by them in those declining years. The exit plan is always the toughest and I have seen many options tried by others. I think you did a great job getting them through these recent years and have everything to be proud of. I am sure they too are looking down with pride and Love. 
 Be at peace.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

barbender

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss, Brent. 
Too many irons in the fire

DbltreeBelgians

Thank you all for the kind words. 
All I know is he's no longer in pain and struggling from day to day. 
Yes it hurts my heart to lose my hero but I'm blessed to have known the man I called my dad. He was such a big influence in my life doing his best to teach me right from wrong and trust me I WRONGED many times. Never got a butt whooping I didn't deserve but boy did I deserve a lot that I never got. I call it tough love and at the time I didn't like it but looking back I have no problem with any of it. I think this world could use more tough love and a lot less, well you get my point and that's JMHO.

Brent 

WV Sawmiller

My heartfelt sympathy and condolences. I can't think of anything else to say.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Sedgehammer

Sorry to hear all that Brent. That makes a heavy heart, but since he's no longer suffering and with your mom now, it'll be alright.
Necessity is the engine of drive

barbender

I try hard not to be the "count your blessings" person, but I have to say- having the relationship with your Dad that you did, is something so rare in our society, and becoming rarer by the day. I'm sorry that makes his passing even harder, but it warms my heart every time I see a grown man say, "my Dad is my hero". I hope it's something my kids can say someday. I'm praying peace and comfort for you, Brent.
Too many irons in the fire

dgdrls

WDH

Stepping up and taking care of your parents shows your true character.  Your Dad had a fine son and I know that he is proud of you.  You are him now in many ways. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Jeff

Condolences from the Brokaws Brett and Family.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

samandothers

So sorry to hear of his passing. So happy to hear of the relationship y'all had.  Those memories will bring you warmth into the future.

Magicman

Please accept my heartfelt condolences Brent and you can always be comforted in knowing that your Dad's wishes were fulfilled and that he left here under his own terms. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

mike_belben

Hang in there man.  No one in heaven is wanting to come back here.  Theyre wanting you to join them when your time comes.  

May they be at peace. 
Praise The Lord

trapper

stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

olcowhand

Brent,
Please accept my condolences as well.
Steve 
Olcowhand's Workshop, LLC

They say the mind is the first to go; I'm glad it's something I don't use!

Ezekiel 36:26-27

Cedarman

With all the strife around us, it is so good to see islands of peace and tranquility made by good people. Brent, my condolences.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Jim_Rogers

Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Sheepkeeper

My condolenses Brent. I lost my dad 28 years ago and still miss him. So glad that we have the hope of seeing them again one day.
The hurry-er I go the behind-er I get.

Chuck White

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Ed_K

So sorry to hear this. My son picked those numbers on 02/22/2016. I feel they all feel better now.
Ed K

DbltreeBelgians

Thank you all. What a great family we have here. I'm so blessed to be a part of the Forestry Forum family. 
I fretted the day this would happen but I'm so glad he's with mom and he no longer hurts. 
Healing will take a bit and life will go on and someday we will meet again.
God bless you all and thank you from the bottom of my heart for all the kind words and support and helping me and my family climb another rung on the ladder of life.

Brent

Thank You Sponsors!