iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Some NZ scenery

Started by Ianab, August 28, 2016, 11:31:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ianab

Found this clip on youtube, made by some tourist / filmaker / adventure sports type folks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDFH-8TBxvQ

Basically it's bits of film from all over NZ, but I recognize most of the locations, and have ridden some of the rides.  We are booked for a 3 week Road Trip around the South Island over Christmas and New Year. Will be visiting Milford Sound, Wanaka, Queenstown etc. Probably wont get me on the Bungy jumps,. but I've ridden the Luge and 3 person Zipline before.  ;D :o
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Magicman

Beautiful and Fascinating!!!! 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Czech_Made

You live in a beautiful country, thanks for sharing.

petefrom bearswamp

thanks for the beautiful film.
Spectacular country and stunts too.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Ianab

I guess the thing I liked about that clip is that I recognize most of the places,  and you can either simply go there, or take a cheap commercial tour.

The Milford Sound with the boat / waterfalls/ seals is actually like that. Pay youe money and go for a boat ride. Hobbiton is a real place etc.

Helicopters and skydiving cost a bit more, but easily done for the $$.
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

coxy

that was awesome  but there is no way in  that I would do some of them things I don't think your country has enough under pants for me  I liked the sand and water boarding  thanks for sharing that Ianab  8)

Carson-saws

How about the fishing in Christchurch?  Rotorua is like steppin back into prehistoric earth.  Envy you Ianab.
Let the Forest be salvation long before it needs to be

Ken

Thanks Ianab  New Zealand is certainly one of the places on this wonderful planet that I would love to visit.  Wish it wasn't so far away.  I did have an opportunity to visit friends in Australia years ago and said to myself that I don't know if I could ever travel that far again. 
Lots of toys for working in the bush

clww

Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

Ianab

Quote from: Ken on September 03, 2016, 05:04:05 PM
Thanks Ianab  New Zealand is certainly one of the places on this wonderful planet that I would love to visit.  Wish it wasn't so far away.  I did have an opportunity to visit friends in Australia years ago and said to myself that I don't know if I could ever travel that far again.

We have talked about visiting the US too, but it's a loooong and expensive plane ride.  :'(

Then when you get to the US it's 2 more plane rides to get to the UP to catch up with Jeff.

Meanwhile  we have flown past Fifi, Cook Islands, Nuie, and Tahiti. And seriously if you want a real holiday, those are the places you go.

We are all booked in for a big 3 week Sth Island road trip over Christmas and New Year, so that's this years travel budget blown.  Next year we will see if we can make the Cook Islands again. When you talk "vacation" it's the place

Strange thing thing my Dad never left NZ in his life. But he now all those cool local places you could visit. Mum as been to Australia and the Cook Islands. Miss 9 has been to both and has already had to renew her passport.  :D

Ianab

LeeB

I've got almost 1,000,000 frequent flyer miles with Star Alliance. I could do the trip with them and fly business class and still have miles left over. I really should come your way. I too would love to visit KiwiLand. I have other friends that live there as well.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Thank You Sponsors!