iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Need Help--Husqvarn HS325

Started by D._Frederick, July 03, 2004, 02:51:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D._Frederick

I bought this trimmer from left over dealer stock, it was the last year that the carburator has adjustable jets. I have used it less than a hour, it will run about 15 minutes and then dies. You can pull on it and all you can get out of it is a couple of pops and finally the plug is fowled. I have taken it to the dealer 3 times and they put a new plug in it and it starts right up. I get it home and its a repeat problem.

It appears to me to be a heat problem or ?? What are your thoughts on the problem with this band new trimmer??

Tom

D,
I know you probably know more about this than I do.  But, I've been having the same problem with some of my little engine stuff.  Usually it's gasoline problems.  I go mix up a fresh batch of gasoline and everything runs fine.  I don't know why the gasoline seems to not last as long as it used to.  I have even quit using a couple of gas stations because I found that their gasoline didn't work as well.  One was even selling me water.  If you haven't checked this, it might be an easy fix.

D._Frederick

Tom,

Thanks for the reply, yes gas can be a problem. I have a string trimmer and a  pole saw that uses the same gas with no problem. I think it is the ignition module that is heat sensitive,  but getting Husqvarn to replace it may be a hard sell.

Kevin

It could definately be carb trouble or adjustment if it's running rich and fouling the plug.
Air filter is something else to check but not likely a problem if it's a new trimmer.

Tillaway

What Kevin said, also, in Oregon, Texaco used to be the best brand to run in 2 strokes according to a Huskie dealer friend of mine.  Super Unleaded was the grade to use since it had the least amount alcohol.  In the case of Taxaco at the time it was zero.  Don't know about now since this was about ten years ago.

Another thought is what brand of plug are you running?  Huskies seem to prefer NGK over everything else.  This little tidbit has saved me allot of headache.  I was surprised.
Making Tillamook Bay safe for bait; one salmon at a time.

Gary_C

I found out from my coop fuel supplier some years ago that the refineries are blending four different blends of regular gasoline that match the four seasons. The more volatile blends are only sold in cold weather and less volatile blends are sold in spring and summer to reduce emissions from storage tanks and while dispensing.

The problem I had was in the winter with leftover summer gas in the fuel barrel. I could not keep my chainsaws, nor gas tractor running. Problem went away with fresh winter gas.

Now I try not to keep too much gas in the barrel so I do not carry much over in the fall or spring. If you buy at a station, it will depend on how fast they turn over their inventory.

Don' know if this is your problem, but it is something to watch .
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Rocky_J

The only problem with the trimmer is that nobody has set it up properly. I hear people all the time condemn an entire brand of tools based on one experience with one weedwhacker that was never set up right and was hard to start. These lil engines are just about all the same and very simple. They all use one of three brands of carbs, and all follow the same basic design and technology. If your dealer isn't capable of setting it up properly, take it to a good shop and let them set the carb (and check it over for errors in assembly- pinched fuel lines, etc.).

D._Frederick

Rocky,

I have the same engine on my Husqvarna pole saw and it is a beautiful engine to operate, it is very responsive and never quits until it is shut off.

This engine on the hedge trimmer operates the same, it is not smoking and has good throttle response. The 10-15 minutes it runs shows no problem, it quits just like if the kill switch is moved to off. When you try to restart it is when the plug gets wet with fuel.

I told the dealers tech. to get the factory rep to help out on finding the problem. Will see what happens this week.

Thank You Sponsors!