iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Kiln Build Video, Finishing up Insulation and adding the vents.

Started by 123maxbars, August 20, 2017, 12:04:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

123maxbars

I have finished up the insulation on my kiln and added the vents. This video covers that process.  Thought you guys would enjoy my journey on this build.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIe7-F5h930

Since I shot this footage I have finished the inside and painted it with the aluminum paint. That stuff was a mess to apply!
Working on the doors today, hope to have a load in by next weekend.
Sawyer/Woodworker/Timber Harvester
Woodmizer LT70 Super Wide, Nyle L53 and 200 kiln, too many other machines to list.
outofthewoods
Youtube page
Out of the

YellowHammer

Not sure if you've got a better way, but cam lock door latches work exceptionally well to tightly close and seal the doors.
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

123maxbars

Quote from: YellowHammer on August 20, 2017, 10:28:28 PM
Not sure if you've got a better way, but cam lock door latches work exceptionally well to tightly close and seal the doors.

Yes sir got my cam locks ready to go.
Modeling my kiln after yours and WDH
Sawyer/Woodworker/Timber Harvester
Woodmizer LT70 Super Wide, Nyle L53 and 200 kiln, too many other machines to list.
outofthewoods
Youtube page
Out of the

WDH

Another very informative video.  You are almost there  ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Thank You Sponsors!