iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A building fit for a mill

Started by woodNthings, March 11, 2013, 01:59:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodNthings

After a lot of anticipation, and rain... I've finally began making headway on my sawmill shed. Ready to have my garage back which the mill just fits in, and dragging it out every time I want to saw is counter productive. Here's the past weekends progress... 

Until now this was only an idea inside my mind, looks like its going to work. Metal roofing will go on this weekend after I saw the rest of the wooden joists. It's so rewarding to cut my own lumber and avoid the box stores whenever possible ;D

Oh, and sawed my first black walnut recently too....

'10 WM LT33 Hyd.
'80s Case rough terrain forklift
'54 Farmall Super A
'01 Duramax

Magicman

:o  That is gonna be a cat's meow building for sure.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

dukndog

Good looking barn and walnut!!!
Congrats!!!
DnD
WM LT-15G25 w/PwrFeed, Mahindra 3510, Husky 385xp, Stihl MS261 and a wife who supports my hobby!!

thecfarm

What about snow load.  :D   :D  Looks good.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Planman1954

Lower Alabama...no snow! Looks good....come build me one! :)
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 / Solar Dry Kiln /1943 Ford 9n tractor

thecfarm

Just a joke,seem like WDN built one,just about the same pitch and the snowload was brought up.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

woodNthings

Snow load is a minimal risk way down here :D
Wind however is something worth considering :-\

modified them by welding on some brackets and through bolting

The bar joists were recycled and I sent the posts that I sawed to be pressure treated... 4-5 sacks of concrete per post and I already had some nice 22 ga. roofing tin. grand total = $450.00

Concrete and a gravel driveway will be next, and thats where the money's at!!!
'10 WM LT33 Hyd.
'54 Farmall Super A
'01 Duramax

thecfarm

By the way,what are you going to cover all that grass with? I just brought some gravel in,brought the area up in the air about a foot and put the mill on it and started sawing. I should have a building over my mill as you are doing.

sigidi

looks awesome mate  ;D ;) great job
Always willing to help - Allan

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Nice building....love your log transporter!  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

woodNthings

Progress update...

'10 WM LT33 Hyd.
'54 Farmall Super A
'01 Duramax

beenthere

Ohh yeasss! That is looking good.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

samandothers

Nice! very nice!
Great work and very little time, you are they man.

Walnut was nice too!

Holmes

Looks great.  Just curious what are the dimensions of the shed?
Think like a farmer.

thecfarm

Nice looking building,nice looking logs too. Is that blue rig yours? 3 logs on it,that is nice to have. Looks like an old tractor,IH?

justallan1

Nice building. I'm jealous!
Allan

Seaman

That's awesome. Do you have mosquito netting to go all around?
Lucas dedicated slabber
Woodmizer LT40HD
John Deere 5310 W/ FEL
Semper Fi

clww

That looks mighty impressive. I like that equipment you got there, too! 8)
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

WDH

Yes, very impressive!

There is a snow-load consultant that I used on my shed.  Forestry Forum member Red  :D :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Peter Drouin

Nice, Is the roofing floor decking, made to pour concrete on :)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

scottmtfarm

Nice shed.  They are just never big enough after a year or too.lol.  I am sawing lumber to build a shed for my mill too.  I like the way you used the metal joist in your construction.

scully

So far from what I see everything looks text book perfect ! I can't wait to get mine started ! That there is gonna make life so much sweeter !
I bleed orange  .

bedway

Id like to get my hands on a couple of them trusses to complete the cover for my mill shed.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Hey Wood?  I like your work and building. When you get finished, pull the grill and cooler out and it will truly be a build "fit for a Meal".  smiley_thumbsup Very nice job.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

woodNthings

Thanks for all the feedback guys! That's 5 days work with a little help from some friends, whom I will gladly be grilling for, so come on down. 8)
Quote from: Holmes on March 21, 2013, 06:12:31 PM
Looks great.  Just curious what are the dimensions of the shed?
The shed is 26'X28' and never big enough, I plan to extend and thats partly why its so tall. :laugh:
Quote from: thecfarm on March 21, 2013, 07:41:49 PM
Nice looking building,nice looking logs too. Is that blue rig yours? 3 logs on it,that is nice to have. Looks like an old tractor,IH?
Yes that is a 1954 Farmal Super A, planned to restore and mow grass with it, but sawing and that other job of mine keep consuming my time.::)
Quote from: Peter Drouin on March 21, 2013, 09:08:34 PM
Nice, Is the roofing floor decking, made to pour concrete on :)
The roofing is 22 ga. commercial stuff... high quality and the price was right :)
'10 WM LT33 Hyd.
'54 Farmall Super A
'01 Duramax

Thank You Sponsors!