iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

American goulash

Started by Raider Bill, February 24, 2020, 02:17:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raider Bill

Just put the finishing touches on this dish. Another insta pot creation.

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

sprucebunny

We always called it 'train wreck'  :D A staple of the school hot lunch where I went to grade school. 
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Jeff

Thank goodness!  There are no kidney beans on goulash and there is no pasta in chili!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Raider Bill

Quote from: Jeff on February 24, 2020, 02:47:59 PM
Thank goodness!  There are no kidney beans on goulash and there is no pasta in chili!
I like chili over macaroni!

Jeff

Last night I used our quick cooker, panpered chef version of insta pot, and made Chicken Fajitas.  I saved what was left and made chicken fajita vegetable zoodle soup for lunch! I got pics of the soup. 2 complete meals for two from one chicken breast!

lxskllr

Quote from: Raider Bill on February 24, 2020, 02:49:03 PM
I like chili over macaroni!
Last MRE I had was chilimac. That's one of my favorites.

Jeff

Chilimac is chilimac. If I invite you for goulash, there will be no beans.  Chile is good over lots of things including potatoes and pizza. But if I invite you for chili, it wont have pasta in it!

Raider Bill

I do not put beans in goulash. I do put them in Pasta Fagioli but fagioli means beans in Italian I believe. If you ever get to a olive garden try it or I'll send you the recipe.
I do put chili [with beans] over  spaghetti but it's not mixed in while cooking. Learned about it from a friend in Cincinnati apparently it a regular thing there.

CCCLLC

I'm impressed Chef Jeff😃

kantuckid

About 2 hours from me is Cinn,OH where they seem to think chili must be served over spaghetti. There are a couple of chili chains there also found nearby towns. For the record I don't like their chili not pasta with chili! A past friend of ours was a Hispanic-American native of NM and brought his version of chili to a family dinner at our house some years ago. It looked like red juice with some ground beef lying on the pan bottom.
The top picture looks like our goulash other than maybe we use jalapenos or green peppers.
One of our sons studied at Budapest Hungary technical University-we visited and that Hungarian goulash is nothing like the North American stuff.
Kan=Kansas;tuck=Kentucky;kid=what I'm not

Raider Bill

Hungarian goulash reminds me of a runny beef stew. Still good though. I've got a bunch of beef frozen maybe I should make some soon.

Thank You Sponsors!