iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wood-Mizer Carolina's Open House

Started by samandothers, April 29, 2012, 01:12:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

samandothers

Had a great time this morning at the open house at Carolina's Wood-Mizer. Joe and his folks did a great job.  The had multiple mills set up to allow folks to try them out.  At the end of the morning there was a drawing for multiple door prizes and lunch.  :)

I enjoyed being able to play with a couple of the mills.  Helped me to narrow down to two mills, either the LT15 with 25 hp, GO package and power feed or the LT35.   8)

Thanks to Joe and his team for the opportunity. :) :)

samandothers

The LT 15 GO is in the foreground.  The one toward back and left is the LT35

This is a close up on the LT 35

Bad timing to catch Joe with his back turned. He was MC'ing the drawing for the door prizes. I did win a magnetic clip and pen! 

You can see in the back ground an LT10 heading to Knoxville!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: samandothers on April 29, 2012, 01:12:52 AM
Had a great time this morning at the open house at Carolina's Wood-Mizer. Joe and his folks did a great job.  The had multiple mills set up to allow folks to try them out.  At the end of the morning there was a drawing for multiple door prizes and lunch.  :)

I enjoyed being able to play with a couple of the mills.  Helped me to narrow down to two mills, either the LT15 with 25 hp, GO package and power feed or the LT35.   8)

Thanks to Joe and his team for the opportunity. :) :)

Did they run the LT70?
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Dave Tarheels

I was going to attend but couldn't leave in time  to make it .
LT 20 Woodmizer

Dave Tarheels

I was going to attend but couldn't leave in time  to make it .
LT 20 Woodmizer

samandothers

David
I did not notice the model of the Hydraulic mill that they were running.  I was the one closest to the building near he road, assuming the set up was the same as when you were there on Friday.  I Saw it run several times which ever model it was.  The person, Earl I believe sure could operate the controls to roll the log, cant with the clamp.  It was sold and the person pulled away with it at the end of the day. 

The one I did not see run during the day was the one the farthest away from the building. You can see in in my picture of the LT35 above. It is back off the the left.

samandothers

Dave you would have had a long haul for a half day event.   It started at 8 and ended about noon.  There were several of us tire kickers there trying out some of the machines.  Maybe next year I can go to the 'OWNERS' day!
Sounds like it was a great event with some very good seminars.  David has a post about a quarter sawing method that was presented.

Dave Tarheels

4 1/2 hour ride for half day demo was tuff to make , we were going to try and hit asheville for some supplies a day earlier to make the trip but we were so far behind I couldn't get on the road . Do you have a link for the video ?
LT 20 Woodmizer

samandothers

Dang video system failed me again!  Maybe there will be another in the Fall!

Thank You Sponsors!