iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

There's gonna be pics!

Started by DanG, November 26, 2004, 08:12:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanG

Got my new camera this evening. 8) 8)

Took my loomnm cans to the salvage yard this afternoon. Turned out to be 770 lbs at $.35 per. ;D  Went straight to Walmart with my $269.50, added a few dimes to it, and came out with a Minolta Z10 digital camera. I've not taken any pics yet, as I'm still studying the book. Lots of stuff to learn, but I think I'll enjoy it.

When I get it figgered out, y'all will the the first to know. :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Ianab

Just looked up the specs on that Z10 DanG, good looking unit. The 3 mpix is plenty for onscreen stuff and printing normal size photos, and the decent zoom lens is great

We await the pictures :)

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Fla._Deadheader

All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

WH_Conley

DanG, if you find a book, Cameras and Computers for dummies, pick me up a copy. Seems like everytime I try to figure out how to post pictures I get interrupted. Slow learning curve don't help.
Bill

pappy

Cool DanG,

pics from the south this winter will be a welcome site up this far north.  :D  :)  ;D  8)  8)  8)

"And if we live, we shall go again, for the enchantment which falls upon those who have gone into the woodland is never broken."

"Down the Allagash."  by; Henry Withee

DanG

Ok. Y'all see it is after 2am and I'm still at it. I think I got things figgered, somewhat. ??? :P

Went in to Tallahassee to get a brief visit with my Son, who was breezing through town. We ended up at the park downtown at the weekly art festival, where my Sis & Bil display their work. Turned out that my Uncle & Aunt from SC were there along with my Mom & Dad. Here's a candid shot of my Bro-in-law, Will Luck, & my Dad.

Well, DanG! Guess I don't have it figgered after all. Back to the drawing board. :-/

"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

DanG

DanG

Whew! That's better. Now I gotta go back and re-file all the others, but I ain't gonna do it tonite. Some things should just be done at a more reasonable hour. ::) :P

G'nite. :)

Fla._Deadheader

Well, I'll be DanGed. ;D ;D :D :D 8) 8)
   First, it is ridiculed;

breederman

I can remember when 3:00 a.m. was a reasonable hour for a saturday night! :D
   Way to go with the camera! I had my college daughter take a pic of my wood pile,but we ran out of time before she could help me figger out how to post it.She will be back for christmas maybe we can do it then.
Together we got this !

AtLast

DanG fine job!!!!....heck I cant even figure out how ta post a DanG picture on here...that and ummm well...I just dont have the time to faldurall with it....GREAT JOB DanG!!!

DanG

"Faldurall"!  I love that term. :D :D  It ranks right up there with "balderdash" and "pusilanimous"! ;D  I think the only thing I ever admired about George Wallace was the fact that he coined the phrase, "pusilanimous pussyfooters" to categorize the bleeding heart liberals. ;D :D :D   Gawd, I love this flexible language we have.

Now I made my way for a long time in a hi-tech world, without a technical mind. Some say I had no mind at all, but that's another debate. :D :D  I always found it easier to learn a basic skill from someone who was just starting out with it, and was only a step ahead of me. The "experts" always shot over my head.  So, if y'all need a little help posting pics, PM me and I'll try to talk you through it in terms, and at a rate that you're comfortable with.  I couldn't figger it out until Tom was sitting here beside me and talked me through every step. After that, it was a piece of cake. :)

shopteacher

Hey DanG,
    Is that new camera broke or just out of pixels?  :D Been waiting to see some photographic extravaganza's from down yonder.  Figure you'd be putting Ansel Adams to shame by now. ;D
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

OneWithWood

Way to go DanG 8)

Can't wait to see pictures of that aircraft carrier you and FDH are going to build in your spare time - now that you know where to get those arrestor cables  :D :D :D  :)
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Fla._Deadheader

:o :o  That must be some pretty DanGed Classified info. I ain't heered nuttin bout no Carrier. :o :o :o

Then again, Ole DanG is the O-fishull parts gatherer in Fl.
   First, it is ridiculed;

jwood

DanG nice pic..maybe sometime you might hold some sort of OJT there in hoocheeville for us techneeolodgegicly challanged  peoples..I'm still usin the lil yellow point an shoot an drop at walgreens type.   :-/  .that is nice pic of family

DanG

Pixels aplenty.  :)  Maybe I can get a few more on here now.

this here's the 19 birdhouse gourds I picked off of one vine the other day. :D  Hey, you asked for the pics!  ;D

This is a pretty little pecan bowl turned by Curtis Springer in Tallahassee. I saw his work at the art festival in the park, Saturday.

Another of Curtis' bowls, this one of Camphor. I like it!

Don't be surprised if you find other offerings on various parts of the ForestryForum. ;D

DanG

Harold, as you know, ALL new Aircraft Carriers are classified. This particular one just happen's to be classified as BS! :D :D :D :D  I did find the arresting cables at Mr. Hootie's place, though. ;D

UNCLEBUCK

Way to go DanG , Good job on the pics ! Cool gourds too !  :P
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

shopteacher

Aw, them's some real nice pixels. Cool bowls. I've never tried to turn a piece that shape. Might have to give it a go just to see how one would turn out. Thanks for the pics DanG.
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

Mark M

I thought those things were onions! - DanG'ed BIG onions :o

dail_h

Shoot,I thought they'uz rabbits ;D
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

Jeff

I thought DanG had Done Hit Pay Dirt. I thought they was white chocolate Hershey's kisses. :)

Atlast, I just want to remind you that I said I would help you for hours if thats what it took to get you topost a picture, I just would not do it FOR you. Seems thats the last I heard from you...
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Fla._Deadheader

Several of us have offered to do the same, about teaching how to post pics. There's just NO reason that Y'all can't do it. Shoot-fire, I'm NUTZ and I kin doit. ;D ;D ;D
   First, it is ridiculed;

Thank You Sponsors!