iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Journey of family run sawmill

Started by Busysawyer, April 09, 2018, 10:49:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Busysawyer

Been working hard and making good progress. Pretty amazing that this bobcat has done all this work in a relatively short amount of time. 

Driveway down yo the barn and mill. Logger stopped by and said he'd have no issues getting his b trains in and out.  

Excavation and site prep is pretty much done.

Little driveway up to the house,  just for my personal vehicles.
I've been very happy with the progress and the way every thing turned out. I was lucky to have a sandy gravel based soil . Even after days of rain no mud and everything is solid.  The mill and log deck will be here in one week. Tommorow I am going to start organizing my log pile and cutting to length. 
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in awhile

Magicman

Nice work plus you story line is now easy to follow.  smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

PAmizerman

Motoring right along!! 

It is amazing what can be accomplished with a skid steer.
We have a case with grouser tracks. That thing goes like a tank.
Woodmizer lt40 super remote 42hp Kubota diesel. Accuset II
Hydraulics everywhere
Woodmizer edger 26hp cat diesel
Traverse 6035 telehandler
Case 95xt skidloader
http://byrnemillwork.com/
WM bms250 sharpener
WM bmt250 setter
and a lot of back breaking work!!

Busysawyer

Yes sir motoring along full speed ahead. The weather has been off and on n rain the last few days but I'm trying to not let it slow me down.  

Organized, power washed and cut to length, I'll have quite a bit of practice logs ready to go.

Picked up a few concrete slabs from right up the road. They were free and close by so I figured why not.

Truck and trailer didn't like it much but the old girl did it. I think I may have been a few pounds over weight and tongue heavy lol

Decided to put a 2ft by 2in Styrofoam rip around the barn to insulate the floor before the finished floor goes down.

It's starting to look like something around here

Magicman

Yup, we sticker our concrete slabs too.  Makes um dry straight with no cupping at all.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

Nice ground you have there. If I did that here the piles of rocks would make that pile of logs look small.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Busysawyer

It's been awhile since the last update.  I've been busy over here. The mill and log deck are set up and running. Haven't spent a whole lot of time on it yet, been busy getting everything situated and working on our material handling plan. Decided to build a couple solar kilns so I've been working on that the last couple days. It's taking longer than I anticipated but should have both done in 4 days working on then by myself. Also finally got the flex hose delivered and hooked up to a wood master 5 horse blower. Works like a dream. 

Thank You Sponsors!