iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

They Gone, Moving on...

Started by terrifictimbersllc, October 31, 2019, 11:47:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

terrifictimbersllc

Was time to make some changes to my operation.   The Peterson went up for sale on the Peterson website.  It sold for my asking price in about 2 weeks.   Went to a farmer in western PA and his SIL who wanted a new hobby. A lot of good memories, some of it posted here on FF.  Had it about 8 years.

Day before yesterday was harder.   I'll admit to feeling guilty for a few months before this.  But it really hit me when I took the key off of my keychain for my 2001 LT40HDD42-RA and handed it to the new owner.  Went via the Wood-Mizer website for almost my asking price.  4471 hours, 18+ years, 13+yrs in business, and over 1MM BF.  It didn't do anything wrong to deserve this.  I wish the new owner well.  He is not that far away and said I can come visit any time.

Trying this one for a while.  

DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

nativewolf

So divorcing the old girlfriend just because some new hot sexy shows up with nothing on and all new paint.  Just remember you won't have a 2 girls anymore, just the 1.
Liking Walnut

samandothers

Out with the old and in with the new!  looks like a nice move!

terrifictimbersllc

Quote from: nativewolf on October 31, 2019, 11:53:13 AM
So divorcing the old girlfriend just because some new hot sexy shows up with nothing on and all new paint.  Just remember you won't have a 2 girls anymore, just the 1.
Ouch. That's mean.  I said I was sorry.    Some of my downfall was going to a party at Jake's in April, and talking to Southside and Yellowhammer.  Watching 4x4's videos didn't help either.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

WV Sawmiller

Congratulations. I am sure that LT70 wide was just the balm to ease the ache.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Bruno of NH

Awesome 
You had me for a minute  :D
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Andries

Quote from: terrifictimbersllc on October 31, 2019, 12:28:41 PM
. . . some new hot sexy shows up with nothing on . . . .
. . . I said I was sorry.    Some of my downfall was going to a party at Jake's in April, and . . .
There's not much to apologize for.
Most of us leave Jake's Project thinking we need to take a new ankle on things.
Congratulations!
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

Weekend_Sawyer

I leave Jakes feeling like a slacker!
That dude is on the ball!!!
Jon

Congratulations on your new sawmill. I started reading your thread and went back to check your age. I thought oh crap he's throwing in the towel and heading for the porch (honestly not a bad thing at all). Then I see that last pic.
Congratulations!
Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Chuck White

Congratulations on the new mill, but it's still a sad thing to see the old mills leaving!

Best of luck to you!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

alanh

Don P

Quote from: Weekend_Sawyer on October 31, 2019, 02:28:50 PM
 I started reading your thread and went back to check your age. I thought oh crap he's throwing in the towel and heading for the porch (honestly not a bad thing at all). Then I see that last pic.
Congratulations!
Jon
What Jon said :D
It looks like it all turned out good in the end.

Magicman

Congratulations!!  Sometimes I wish, but then I remember how many candles I blew out on my last Birthday Cake.  ::)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

YellowHammer

So divorcing the old girlfriend just because some new hot sexy shows up with nothing on and all new paint.  Just remember you won't have a 2 girls anymore, just the 1.
That's true, but the hot new one is MUCH faster than the two old ones combined.  ;D ;D 8)
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

WDH

I was feeling sorry for you until I saw that last pic :-*.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Southside

Quote from: terrifictimbersllc on October 31, 2019, 12:28:41 PMSome of my downfall was going to a party at Jake's in April, and talking to Southside and Yellowhammer.

Don't be blaming me for your mid-life crisis.  :D At the end of the day all, it does not matter if it's a Vette, Bass Boat, LT 70, or whatever, all the sexy, shinny ones end up being high maintenance!!  You gotta pay to play!!  ;D  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

terrifictimbersllc

I appreciate y'alls supportive comments. 

flatrock58

Nice Upgrade.  I think about upgrading my LT40 sometimes till I look at the price of the LT50 I want!  I bet there is a real difference in the speed of the new mill.
2001 LT40 Super Kubota 42
6' extension
resaw attachment
CBN Sharpener
Cooks Dual Tooth Setter
Solar Kiln

GAB

"Some of my downfall was going to a party at Jake's in April, and talking to Southside and Yellowhammer."
I don't know what the lead time is for an LT70, but it does not appear to me to have been a spur of the moment decision.

YH Comment "That's true, but the hot new one is MUCH faster than the two old ones combined."
Now you can make designer firewood even faster.

Congratulations on your new toy.
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

customsawyer

Just like a guy that gets caught cheating. He always blames his friends for being a bad influence. :D

Congratulations.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

YellowHammer

Quote from: GAB on November 01, 2019, 11:50:34 AMYH Comment "That's true, but the hot new one is MUCH faster than the two old ones combined."
Now you can make designer firewood even faster.
That's the truth, the 70 is fast enough that it goes from "Here's what I'm going to do" to "What just happened?"

Quote from: customsawyer on November 02, 2019, 08:15:15 AM
Just like a guy that gets caught cheating. He always blames his friends for being a bad influence. :D
The problem is, I think we ARE a bad influence!! :D :D :D 

YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Thank You Sponsors!