iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

E2300 "Wood Only" Controller menu access?

Started by itzallbtu, December 09, 2019, 05:35:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

itzallbtu

I have a next door neighbor who purchased a dealer rebuilt e2300 a few years ago.  Recently, the air induction tube began to leak where it penetrates the water jacket (brilliant design, I might add!)  The tube was sleeved with a stainless steel pipe of nearly the same OD as worn ID of the existing air tube, sealed at time of installation with high temp RTV and seems to be holding. 
The controller is a problem however:  When set point (target temp) is 185F, the furnace will rise to that temp normally but when it cools to 180F, it restarts, essentially burning at high until 185F is satisfied, then repeats.  The manual states a 10F delta should be normal but there is no instruction regarding how to access any menu to modify/lower the 180 start up to a 175F.  THIS IS A "WOOD ONLY" unit with a very limited controller:  Only has a temp display and UP and DOWN arrows.  (See example on p37 of the CB manual.  I'll grab a pic if needed to further the discussion)

Thanks in advance for any expertise that can be shared!

Logging logginglogging

I seem to remember it being easy to adjust on my old one. But I do believe there was some kind of locking feature, that you had to unlock to adjust it if it was enabled.

Thank You Sponsors!