iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What type of wood

Started by vfauto, June 18, 2013, 09:32:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vfauto

I acquired a log today but have no clue what it is. Anyone care to guess ?

The definition of insanity is to do the same things over and over and expect a different result!

Jay C. White Cloud

Looks like Box Elder I have cut...
"To posses an open mind, is to hold a key to many doors, and the ability to created doors where there were none before."

"When it is all said and done, they will have said they did it themselves."-teams response under a good leader.

drobertson

No idea, but very unique for sure,  I might suggest laying them on a 45 degree for another, different look,  david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Sheepkeeper

Otherwise known as Manitoba Maple around here. It is also considered a weed tree.
The hurry-er I go the behind-er I get.

Jemclimber

Acer negundo it is, and it has many common names.
lt15

vfauto

The definition of insanity is to do the same things over and over and expect a different result!

Okrafarmer

Quote from: Jemclimber on June 19, 2013, 06:25:33 AM
Acer negundo it is, and it has many common names.

And many imaginitive names, too.

Quote from: vfauto on June 19, 2013, 07:48:28 AM
Is it good for anything?

Yes, its biggest value is the aesthetics of that red substance in it. The more the red, the better off you are. Other than that, it makes second-rate firewood or pulp. With the red, though, you've got some beautiful pieces, and the red color will not fade very quickly compared to some kinds of wood. You could use those disks for clock faces, and it looks very nice milled into lumber, too.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

Thank You Sponsors!