iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Even more odd weather

Started by Furby, October 18, 2007, 09:32:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Furby

Well it's October 18 and we were in the mid to upper 70's today with higher humidity.
Spent the better part of the day under a tornado watch.
Weather folks started calling for the possibility of up to 2" hail and up to 90mph wind gusts.
One line moved through a little while ago with heavy winds and rain, might have been some hail but I couldn't keep the door open to see. We have tornado warnings South of here with thunderstorm warnings all over.
Should be in the upper 50's to low 60's tomorrow and Saturday and back into the 70's on Sunday.
What little color we had is on the ground and the remaining trees are either brown or green.

Yup, October in MI! :)

sawguy21

We were supposed to get a nasty storm today, the tail end of a Pacific typhoon. The wind stayed down but man oh man it did rain. :o Lots of calls for pumps and generators.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Furby

STILL issuing tornado warnings in the South Central part of the state. :o

Ron Scott

We had a tornado just north of here at Kalkaska. A 29 year old boy was killed in a house blown away.

I was suppose to be up that way today looking at some timber, but the landowner called this morning to cancel out due to the bad weather.
~Ron

JV

The first line of storms just passed through with tornado warnings just to our south.  We had high winds and some rain.  I alternated between the front porch and watching northern Indiana radar.  The kitten was with me and once when I came back in, she dove for the door and under a chair.  She had enough.  Once I counted 9 tornado warnings from Lansing, Mi. to southern Indiana.  I lost count of the severe thunderstorm warnings.  The last storm reports showed one touchdown, one funnel spotted, and lots of hail and wind reports.  Another line of storms is due here in about 30 minutes, but no real severe storms reported, yet.  A wild October.
John

'05 Wood-mizer LT40HDG28-RA, Lucas 613 Swing Mill, Stihl 170, 260 Pro, 660, 084 w/56" Alaskan Mill, 041 w/Lewis Winch, Case 970 w/Farmi Winch, Case 850 Crawler Loader, Case 90XT Skidloader, Logrite tools

Furby

I'm heading that way in the morning Ron, gonna be a mess the whole way I'm thinking.
From what the news said, there are trees down all over near work and they are trying to get them cleared.

Warbird

My parents-in-laws live in Ozark, AR.  They just had some pretty severe weather and apparently even a tornado warning.

Up here, we got about 1" of snow today!  Could get a couple more tonight.  I'd like to see 3 or 4 feet of new snow by Sunday.  ;D

BBK

The weather is rough for some of you folks.

The forcast here is for clouds and a chance of ½" of rain. If it does rain it will be the first we have had in 37 days.
The local reports show we hav had only 2½" since may 1. :(
I love Farming, Logging, Sawmilling, Fishing, and Hunting.

Furby

Well that blown away house Ron Scott posted about was on my route back today.
I stopped and took a few pics, but left when I realized there were friends and family on site.
News crews were coming and going while I was there.

SwampDonkey

Well, was nice here all week around 60 by afternoon, suppose to rain tonight and into the morning. Back to summer on Sunday near 70 for a  few days. I never seen it so mild in October for such a long stretch, and so dry. Never even had ground crusting frost yet. Just frost enough to kill plants in the understory. Out working in a cotton long sleeve shirt. A sweater or flannel shirt is way too hot. Love'n it.  ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!