iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Picking up my fist mill

Started by crosswind, February 12, 2018, 11:27:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slider

My first mill was set up by the road . My friend i bought it from suggested i should move it back in on my place to learn without on lookers . When i got home the next weekend my neighbors had chairs set up. So much for trying to hide. That was 18 years ago. Good luck and welcome.
al glenn

WV Sawmiller

I wish I could get more mobile jobs by the road. Great advertising. I tend to be at the last house on a dead end road or out of sight in a pasture or woodlot. That is better for overnight security, when required, but less so for advertising. The customer still normally calls over a couple of buddies who sometimes come help, sometimes just watch. I do like making the extra contacts. No telling when it will pay dividends in the future. My son suggested I get some of these wire-legged signs and put one by the road and one by the mill when I am sawing. I may think some more about that.

The extra eyes are nice but they can cause a dip in production and you have to be careful that nobody gets in an unsafe area. If I do make signs maybe I need to put a caution on there for that and have a little box/tray for business cards.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Thank You Sponsors!