iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wood usage in a OWB

Started by thecfarm, February 16, 2018, 06:48:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

The temps are going up and the wood usage is going down.   8) 
I like opening the door and finding a bunch of wood in there. Been a few times,-10 all day,not much was found in there when I got home.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

ButchC

Yup, we  run 24 hours on about half a load when it is 45 and sun is out
10 below would take a full load at night and a good 3/4 in the morning. We are also using a good bit less since we cut the draft fan back.
Peterson JP swing mill
Morbark chipper
Shop built firewood processor
Case W11B
Many chainsaws, axes, hatchets,mauls,
Antique tractors and engines, machine shop,wife, dog,,,,,that's about it.

Kwill

Yeah haven't been using as much here either. I don't think winter is quite over yet though . we have had some big snows in march.
Built my own hydraulic splitter
Built my own outdoor wood stove
Built my own log arch
built my own bandsaw sawmill
Built my own atv log arch.
Built my own FEL grapple

thecfarm

I know winter is not over. Suppose to get down to 10 again tonight and the next night. But high noon 20's-30's. The angle of the sun is very important in this area.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

trapper

I find I use a lot more in the in late winter and spring than in mid winter.  Even with warming temperatures Ground and house foundation are cold and take more heat to keep house warm. 
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

chet

Trap,
I tended ta use more in da spring too. But I found dat it's da wife openin' up all da windows ta let da fresh spring air in.  :D :D :D
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

47sawdust

Oh yeah,wifey likes fresh air here too.I'll come home and the 2nd floor windows will be wide open 'cause she's up there working,first floor is in the cooler.

I gave up on that one a few years back.She refers to me as her rich wood cutter.Glad to have her. :laugh:
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

ButchC

Supposed to be 72 here tomorrow, we will open up the house for a bit and exchange the air, LOL
Peterson JP swing mill
Morbark chipper
Shop built firewood processor
Case W11B
Many chainsaws, axes, hatchets,mauls,
Antique tractors and engines, machine shop,wife, dog,,,,,that's about it.

Thank You Sponsors!