iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Finally We Have Rain

Started by Autocar, November 16, 2010, 03:10:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autocar

I moved the skidder home this morning and it is raining heavy now. I am glad to see some down time I have a wiper seal leaking on the grapple and a seal on the front drive axel of the truck that needs repaired. It has been such a dry spell that the mills are tighting up on prices because they have so many logs. Ive been stacking all my white/bur oak maybe later in the winter things will come around. I pull a trailer behind the tri axel with logs on it all so, this week two loads pallet logs plus the trailer loads went for fuel. It has to be tuff for a young fellow to get started, when I was younger it seemed the phone never rang but now it seems I have more jobs then I want at times. One thing I want to figure out is a cut off saw, I cut trees then in and out of the skidder all day then I try and buck all the logs laying on the landing then bring a load home. The bucking part is taking a toll on me and need to come up with another angle to get them cut up with less energy from me  ;)
Bill

dsgsr

Autocar, I'm glad you like the rain. If I can find a way I'd like to send you some more:) We've had more than enough here in Maine. We need a lot of frost and No snow.  I do sympathize with you on going mechanical on the bucking.

David

Northlander band mill
Kubota M59 TLB
Takeuchi TB175 Excavator
'08 Ford 550 dump
'87 International Dump
2015 Miller 325 Trailblazer Welder/Gen

treefarmer87

a saw will save you LOTS of time and be easier on you
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

Maineloggerkid

You can have some of our rain for sure! Looks like i wont be working tommorow. Gonna have to move the skidder to a new lot with higher ground if this keeps up.. :-\
JD 540D cable skidder, and 2 huskies- just right.   

Loggers- Saving the world from the wrath of trees!

rick f

Sure wish you had half the rain we have had in the last 2 weeks, 5+".  more on the way tomorrow, 1-2".  The ground is softer then baby ----. Thank god most of my farming work is done for the year.
664 clark skidder
1- 562 husky
1- 254xp husky
1 - 268xp husky
1250 JD farm tractor with skid winch
5040 kubota farm tractor

Autocar

We probably haven't ha a inch of rain sence the end of September. It was so dry that when I bucked logs the heat from the muffler would set the moss on fire. Some farmers didn't plant any winter wheat because it was so dry. It's still coming down so this should help the fire dangers we had. Most years by the end of November it turns off wet and we are done till it freezes.
Bill

tlandrum

im in tn and you can have my rain too.ive been working weekends instead of week days becouse of the rain. also im goiung to build me a bucksaw for my 210 really soon. all you need is the frame work,harvester bar, small hydraulic motor, small cylinder to raise and lower bar and a few odds and ends
www.wickedworksaw.com
wickedworksaw@gmail.com
Husqvarna and jonsered dealer
chainsaw porting for high production work saws

Autocar

I got the new seals for the grapple cylinder this morning and got it back togather this afternoon. It rainned a little this morning as I drove to look at some walnut. The one tree had a 330 bd.ft. in the butt log nice log but the rest were just logs.
Bill

Thank You Sponsors!