iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

handeling lumber off the mill

Started by snowshoveler, April 02, 2012, 07:38:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandmiller2

Always thought about finding a couple of those yuppie running machines to make a powered conveyer table to move slabs or boards,you could clipper lace the belts togather,or use for a "green belt". Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Magicman

I am with Captain.  When I saw for myself, it is by myself, one step at the time.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

snowshoveler

All the lumber that I am sawing now is to finish the mill with.
Next is to put a roof over my planer and engine for that.
I have most of my slabwood cut up. I find that if I don't keep right up with the slabwood and cut it and pile it up inside it will never dry.
I have a few people that will take whatever slabwood I let them have but I plan on putting a few fows of it in for myself.
Thats all I need to burn this time of year.
Regards Chris
International T5 dozer
JD M tractor
MF skidloader
Jonsered chainmill
Vintage Belsaw

apm

Hey Chris, When can we see some pictures of your setup?

Greg
Timberking 1600 now

snowshoveler

I will take some pictures today...I hope and then will attempt to bring them here.
Chris
International T5 dozer
JD M tractor
MF skidloader
Jonsered chainmill
Vintage Belsaw

AK Newbie

Bibby and Mary thank you for sharing the plans on the sawhorses I plan to build a couple this Spring!
LT28, Logosol M7, Husky 385XP, Stihl MS 250, Echo

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum AK Newbie.

Nice place, Eagle River, AK.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

AK Newbie, I see that you have been around since November.  How about sharing some of your sawing/woodworking interest with us.  We got as close as Houston to you during our travels.

And, Welcome to the Forestry Forum.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

r.man

Toured a fairly large hardwood mill last Thursday. They are two years into making safety and lack of injuries of any kind a priority. All the boardway carts are now hydraulically set up to raise and lower to the desired height of the person piling.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

Thank You Sponsors!