iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

WM Grinder solution question

Started by Jim_Rogers, December 23, 2013, 09:54:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Rogers

I have a grinder set up to grind my own blades on rainy days like today. I am out of the blue solution that WM sells and I won't be putting in an order for a while.

Is there any other additive I can buy locally to put in the water to help prevent rust on my blades and grinder machine?

Thanks for your advice.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

j-dland

I was told... The grinding solution is a kind of Water Soluable oil. Not sure about that spelling. A google search might help.
David

Jim H

You could just spray it down with wd-40 after use. I actually used mine for for years with plain water, electrical problems finally killed it, not so much the rust. You should be fine skipping the solution for a few months.
2008 LT40HDG28, autoclutch, debarker, stihl 026, 046, ms460 bow, 066, JD 2350 4wd w/245 loader, sawing since '94 fulltime since '98

pineywoods

water soluble cutting oil from any machine shop supply. In a pinch, borrow from your neighborhood machine shop...
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Thank You Sponsors!