iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Airbags

Started by etat, March 09, 2005, 03:46:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

etat

Gotta say I'm a fan of em. 

I just returned from Tupelo.  No work today cause of rain.  I was third on the scene of a bad wreck.  I don't know the details but the car's front end was completely crushed.  Another car was further down the road with the rear end folded up on it. A bigger heavier car. When I ran up to the worst car someone was trying to pull the lady out of the car.  They had done turned her around in the seat and she was facing the door, which was open. Me and another woman stopped em as my wife called 911.  I told the lady IF the car caught on fire I'd get her out quick but we didn't want to hurt her any worse.  You could tell she was real scared, and her chest was hurting.  It was pouring down rain. About that time someone with a volunteer fire department pulled up and as he saw to the lady and talked on his radio I ran to my truck and got some tools to remove the battery which was busted all to pieces and leaking battery acid.  As I jerked it out of the car all the plastic busted off of it and I threw it across the ditch.  Steam still was coming from what was left of the radiator but no smell of gas fumes, just steam and battery acid.

Within minutes fire trucks, ambulances, and more officers started arriving. As they were pulling up I told the volunteer guy I hadn't seen what actually happened and I was going to leave and give em plenty of room to do their jobs..

You could tell he lady's face was bruised up bad. I honestly believe as hard as she hit without it she'd have gone plumb through the windshield and be dead.
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

ellmoe

I'll second that on the airbags. One Saturday about two years ago my cousin and I were working at the mill when we heard a tremendous crash. The mill is located on a sharp curve and is the site of many bad wrecks. When we got out to the road we found a late model p/up with its front end wrapped around a large tree. When we went to the door I knew it was going to be bad. Was I ever surprised to find the driver bloody faced ,but alive and coherent, sitting up in the front seat. After a few minutes, he was up and walking around. That's the first look I had ever had at a deployed airbag. I'm confident that, without the airbag, I'd been looking at a dead man.
Made a believer out of me.
Mark
Thirty plus years in the sawmill/millwork business. A sore back and arthritic fingers to prove it!

Thank You Sponsors!