iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Here's what to do with loose tie down ends

Started by Brad_bb, November 30, 2016, 12:37:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad_bb

I've been doing this ever since I saw the video a couple months ago.  Works great!
https://youtu.be/Mla6XRDlQf4
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

Jim_Rogers

Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Ljohnsaw

Yep, that's what I do (the loop trick).  I am very paranoid of straps flailing in the wind and getting caught by a tire :o  I see it all too often on the road.

Edit:  That's also how I store my straps.  I pull all the loose end up so the hook is by the ratchet, spool it up, loop it and put them in 5 gallon buckets with pieces of plastic barrel that I use as edge guards.
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

cbla

Kbeitz

I once had a loose strap get under my truck tire as I was
driving through an intersection. I was sure some one had
broadsided my truck. I could find no damage but it sure
rocked my truck. I snapped a 1=1/2" strap right off.

Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

jmouton

lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

47sawdust

I love videos like that.Pleasant guy doing the presentation with helpful info for all.
Thanks,Brad
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

barbender

Quote from: 47sawdust on December 02, 2016, 04:42:08 PM
I love videos like that.Pleasant guy doing the presentation with helpful info for all.
Thanks,Brad
That's what I thought, too. In fact, I had to go right out and try it ;) It works very well🖒
Too many irons in the fire

John Mc

Quote from: ljohnsaw on November 30, 2016, 01:33:41 AM
... That's also how I store my straps.  I pull all the loose end up so the hook is by the ratchet, spool it up, loop it and put them in 5 gallon buckets with pieces of plastic barrel that I use as edge guards.

Good idea. No matter how neatly I put them away, my straps always end up a tangled mess.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

Thank You Sponsors!