iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

northern lights?

Started by L. Wakefield, October 31, 2003, 11:35:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

L. Wakefield

Has anyone been in an area that has experienced these in the last few days? We are having solar flares of a large magnitude. Colorado and Florida have had visible aurora. Someone here said they saw them for about 2 hours last night. It was clear here but as I worked nights I wen to bed early and haven't seen any. They say they are fantastic. lw
L. Wakefield, owner and operator of the beastly truck Heretik, that refuses to stay between the lines when parking

Tom

I've not seen any lights in the sky in Florida.

Don P

Either we had em last night or that was the most spectacular after dark sunset in the northern sky I've ever seen  :-/.

L. Wakefield

If you had em I'm glad for you. They usually ripple and move.

lw
L. Wakefield, owner and operator of the beastly truck Heretik, that refuses to stay between the lines when parking

redpowerd

its odd to see them more than once every other month, last month they were blood red in the east sky. about 7:30 or so. some nights they'll be out till the wee hours, changing every time you look. what color were they?
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

SwampDonkey

Hi:

According to NASA there was major blast of 'solar wind' in early December, so that makes for more brilliant Aurora Borealis  8)

regards
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!