iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Just the Facts, the Crown virus.

Started by doc henderson, March 12, 2020, 09:23:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck White

I still wonder WHY they didn't come up with a card-size that could be easily carried in your wallet without folding it!   :-\
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

RichTired

Snowflakes don't have wallets, they have "satchels" so the cards fit fine for them... :D
Wood-Mizer LT15GO, Kubota L2800, Husqvarna 268 & Stihl 241 C-M chainsaws, Logrite cant hook, Ford F-150 Fx4

Richard

Ricker

I had my second shot today.  When they gave me my card they said to take a picture of it with my phone.  Photo copying is not allowed.  I asked the lady who would be asking to see my card, are there going to be vaccine police after May 24th?  She said I don't know why, just no photo copies allowed.

Brian_Rhoad

Quote from: Ricker on May 16, 2021, 08:14:44 PMWhen they gave me my card they said to take a picture of it with my phone.  Photo copying is not allowed.

What do they think taking a picture with your phone is? It's not photo copying?

gspren

The VA medical center near me made a copy of my vac card since I got the shots from a non-VA place.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Ianab

Probably got a mixed up message. 

I bet they won't accept a photocopy if you turn up for your 2nd shot with only that?
But if you have a picture of it on your phone you have all the details needed to check their records and issue you a replacement card. 

Obviously you would need to take a copy if your regular Dr, employer or foreign immigration needed to check your status, but that's just for their records. I can see that becoming an issue soon, rather than the "vaccine police" as such. More "So you want to get on our nice freshly cleaned Cruise Ship do you?. Lets see your vaccination status."
"Sure, I've got a copy on my phone, I'll email it to you". 
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Ricker

Just more foolishness I think.  The info on the card, for verification purposes, is the same whether it's a picture on your phone or a photocopy. I'm not an anti mask guy and never questioned whether I should get vaccinated but some of the rules we have had to deal with off and on over the past year plus have left me scratching my head.

Claybraker

When I got my 2nd Pfizer the gentleman entertaining us encouraged us to have it laminated. When and if we get the booster he said they would give us a new card. The county health department has a record and will issue us a new card if we lose ours, run it through the wash, let it get eaten by the dog, etc. He also stated he kept his with his passport.

Even though most of the stores have dropped it, out of courtesy to the hired help I'll continue to wear a mask. Between keeping the store clean, the shelves stocked, they've got enough to do.

firefighter ontheside

My son who will be 14 next week got his Pfizer today.  I will check in the morning to see if he has any side affects.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

LeeB

Going to get the J&J this afternoon.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

firefighter ontheside

My son was feeling a little under the weather about 24 hours post shot, but then less than 24 hours later he was all good again.  He complained of a runny nose, which I hadn't heard of as a side affect.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

doc henderson

typical viral though.  not usual for covid the disease, but common for other corona viruses (cold viruses). ;)
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

LeeB

We did the one and done today. So far both feel ok. We did both take some ibuprofen as a little insurance this evening.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Gary_C

Here in MN things are getting back to normal. I've heard we are the leading state in per cent of people vaccinated and the stores have signs that say if you are vaccinated no mask is required and few people are wearing them anymore. It's nice to be able to smile at other shoppers again. 
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Ljohnsaw

Quote from: Gary_C on May 22, 2021, 01:37:51 AMHere in MN things are getting back to normal.
Out here, the Governor says the magic day will be June 15th and we don't have to wear masks anymore ???  He is also the target of a recall election so I think he is just trying to make himself look good.::)
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Don P

By taking his mask off? that ain't gonna go well  :D

Claybraker

Just wanted to share something timely from Dr. Schmitdke. She sorta focuses on Kansas this time, but she used to be here in Georgia. What's helpful is the methodology. Admins feel free to delete. Tin foil is for wrapping corn, ribs, brisket, etc.

Evaluating risk this Memorial Day weekend - Georgia COVID-19 Updates

LeeB

Question for doc henderson, I gave blood last Wednesday the 28th and had gotten the J&J vaccine previously on the 19th. My donation shows negative for antibodies. Does this mean the vaccine did me no good?

doc henderson

I am not sure if the antibody they look for is produced by the vaccine.  i think you can email the red cross.  i can ask our pathologist or lab techs and they can help me find out.  for the virus that gets broken into bits, there may be thousands of different antibodies produced.  the vaccine maybe a few or 1 specific.  not all are protective in natural immunity, and may only serve as a marker.  even without antibodies, there is cellular immunity so you can see antibodies go down and still have immunity.  this is why we do not know how long immunity lasts, and one vaccine may help with variants/mutants better than another.  Welcome to my world :).  
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

LeeB

kantuckid

Just read about a guy in MD that won their $40,000 lottery for getting vaccinated. he says he survived covid which served as his incentive to get the covid vaccination later. Am I missing something here? Why would he get the shot except to try for that money? 
Kan=Kansas;tuck=Kentucky;kid=what I'm not

doc henderson

we do not really know how long immunity lasts.  I would think that all the antibodies produced with natural disease would be the strongest and longest.  We also know with research that some immunizations last longer with repeated dosed, and becomes stronger.  like the first two vaccines using 2 shots.  Hep B we got in medical school required 3 shots, and a measured titer after to be deemed immune.  for years we got MMR as a child, now with out breaks, they are giving a booster in our teens. (for measles).  we are now immunizing for human papilloma virus.  the viral disease can be sexually transmitted.  you do not know you have it, but later it is the cause for many female cancers.  I knew a great OB/GYN who dies of cancer in his 40 from getting cancer in his eye from doing colposcopies and getting lasered bits and pieces of the virus in his face.  very sad.  Most cancers are from a breakdown in DNA copies or repair.  If you do not die of heart disease, copd, or diabetes in your 60s, you will prob. get cancer in your 80s.  enjoy! :)

kantuckid

What a delightful prognosis, thanks Doc! 8)
The big C is coming to my house. When I finish this braunschweiger sandwich I'll check on my affairs. 
Should I go ahead with the newest shingles shot (we both had the original version) or not waste the time I have left? I did get another pneumonia shot last week. 
It's gotta be something but I hope I die working or playing, that die in yer sleep thing is for wusses? 
Honestly I knew something is up cause at my last doc visit(she's a girl doc and better looking than the FF version) I got asked the old fart questions: draw a clock with 3:30 on it; have you had real sex in the past 12 months?; then she gave me three words to remember later and I failed that one as I'd forgotten one of them.  ::)
Kan=Kansas;tuck=Kentucky;kid=what I'm not

doc henderson

try to stay healthy, it is not inevitable at that age, but more likely.  eventually it will get us all.  they used to site Japanese as being healthy due to diet and staying thin.  no MIs, but after moving here and a generation or two later, they adapt to our diet, and gain weight and start with the same problems.  traditionally a Japanese family would share a 3 oz. piece of meat.  that is what the rice was for.  Like the potatoes in Ireland.  Pasta in Italy ect.  We always stretch the expensive meat with starch.  If your society has more than enough, we eat 8 oz. of meat with all the carbs and starch we can hold.  you only need 3 oz. protein each day.  the extra is changed to sugar by removing nitrogen ( nitrogenous waste/urine) and then it provides the same 4 calories / gram as sugar and starches.  fat is 9 calories per gram, and why it is the storage form in the body.  when you take in too many calories, and start storing it, the excess fat cannot be removed fast enough from the blood stream and you get cholesterol plaques the get calcified over time (hardening of the arteries) and start having heart attacks and high blood pressure, along with diabetes.  you can eat all you want, as long as you burn it up each day, and not try to store too much.  now back to our regularly scheduled program.   :)

firefighter ontheside

Every one of my firefighters that got covid also got the vaccine.  I believe they felt like the side affects of the vaccine couldn't compare to how bad covid made them feel and they definitely didn't want to get covid again.  Plus, it seems that the severity of your covid infection can also play a part in how much natural immunity you get.  Therefore, mild case could lead to poor protection.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Thank You Sponsors!