iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

green forester pants vs. new husky blue pants

Started by thumper, October 31, 2016, 06:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thumper

I been using the green forester cutting pants and just saw the new husky pants at the store.  anyone use and like/dislike the Husqvarna pants?
Jonsered 2150 2152 2156 2165  Husqvarna 262xps Worn 1970 JD440a 06 GMC 3500 DURAMAX

coxy

I had a pair of the older husky pants maybe 8-9 years ago they was nice but there was no padding in the back  of them was a little breezy on the back side in the winter the front of my legs where on fire all the time  just have to watch the cable when it gets the prickly they rip easy then all the stuffing starts coming out what a mess I would get another pair

David-L

I just bought and have been wearing the blue denim with protection in them Husky pants to replace my Labonvilles that were wore out.I like them alot, they were the Arborist model and were 129$ at the shop. With a good pair of long johns these will be good for semi-cold weather. I go to the insulated sthil winter pant when it is really cold and I am on my third pair of them. Seem to be a good pant also. The husky technical pants looks nice but out of my price range. I will add that I am a believer in caulked boots also for the work day, sure footing is a must. Don't know about the forester stuff. Good luck.
In two days from now, tomorrow will be yesterday.

thumper

thanks guys, ill check out the stihl ones, but I'm certain they aren't available local.  and yes! I love caulked boots. I have some leather top Vikings with caulks, but they tear up the skidder bad haha
Jonsered 2150 2152 2156 2165  Husqvarna 262xps Worn 1970 JD440a 06 GMC 3500 DURAMAX

chep

Forester stuff is junk. I have destroyed several pairs of their pants. Their sprockets, bars, bar nuts are garbage.

I have been using pants by Stein which are great. Treestuff.com has them. Pricey but will outlast several pairs of foresters...

Just my 2 cents

John Mc

Quote from: thumper on October 31, 2016, 06:56:00 PM
I been using the green forester cutting pants and just saw the new husky pants at the store.  anyone use and like/dislike the Husqvarna pants?

Are you asking about the Husqvarna Technical Pant ($200) or the Husqvarna Classic Pant ($130).  I have not tried them myself, but I saw a logger friend of mine wearing the Technical Pants and he said he loved them. Very comfortable - night and day difference from the old Husky pants (that sold for around $100 years ago).
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

thumper

Quote from: John Mc on October 31, 2016, 10:21:23 PM
Quote from: thumper on October 31, 2016, 06:56:00 PM

Are you asking about the Husqvarna Technical Pant ($200) or the Husqvarna Classic Pant ($130).  I have not tried them myself, but I saw a logger friend of mine wearing the Technical Pants and he said he loved them. Very comfortable - night and day difference from the old Husky pants (that sold for around $100 years ago).
the ones the dealer have are blue, with short zippers on the side

John Mc

Quote from: thumper on October 31, 2016, 11:32:15 PM
Quote from: John Mc on October 31, 2016, 10:21:23 PM
the ones the dealer have are blue, with short zippers on the side

Sounds like some old stock. I'm not sure if they are being made anymore. I have a pair. They are OK (not great). In the right temperature range, I like them, but generally ended up wearing my chaps instead.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

danbuendgen

My local saw shop has both the green Forester ($80) and the dark blue Huskys ($130). I have both. The Huskys have zippers for the pockets and a big boot zippers. The zippers suck and I end up sewing in good ones. The Husky pants fit me better and I like the color. But there is nothing wrong with the Foresters. Good for the price and last as long as the Husks. Over all, do you want to spend $50 extra for crappy zippers, navy blue, and the Husky name on it?
Husqvarna ~ TimberJack ~ Dodge Cummins

Thank You Sponsors!