iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Harbor Freight in Maine

Started by thecfarm, October 17, 2013, 10:08:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

giant splinter

If you look closely at the HF sawmill it bears a striking resemblance to the Woodland Mills HM126, I suspect it may be an adequate mill for a guy sawing on weekends and small building projects and the price is down low enough that it is affordable for a lot of those sawyers with a tight budget could get a start into making lumber for their own use projects. Might even be ok for a contractor wanting to mill a few patio cover specialty beams or railing.
roll with it

BobInMN

I bought the Harbor Freight Sawmill.  Ordered last Easter on sale and using the 25% off coupon, total I paid, including shipping to my door, was $1456.00.  It was on backorder until September (I wasn't billed until it shipped).  Put some Woodmizer blades on it and it works great.
Retired US Army, Retired Civil Engineering Technician, Retired State Employee, most of all just plain tired.

thecfarm

BobInMN,congrats on the mill. What's all the lumber being used for?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

BobInMN

I haven't sawn very much, so far.  I'd like to cut enough to build the grandkids a playhouse next year.  After that I would kind of like to build a small cabin/guest house.  I've got some plans for a 12' X 18', 1-1/2 story cabin.  It would be a nice size to move if I ever wanted to sell it.
Retired US Army, Retired Civil Engineering Technician, Retired State Employee, most of all just plain tired.

SPIKER

Quote from: BobInMN on October 20, 2013, 02:16:12 PM
I haven't sawn very much, so far.  I'd like to cut enough to build the grandkids a playhouse next year.  After that I would kind of like to build a small cabin/guest house.  I've got some plans for a 12' X 18', 1-1/2 story cabin.  It would be a nice size to move if I ever wanted to sell it.
Bob:

I have heard the lift/threaded rod NUT is soft brass and can strip out pretty easy.   If you can keep them lubricated and an eye on them for sawdust or dirt built up.   I have a 25% off that I was looking at maybe buying one then re-selling it after trying it out for hobby playing around.

Mark
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

BobInMN

Mark,

The lift screw is sealed in a square tube, kind of hard to get at to lube.  There is a posting on another forum on how to easily replace the nut with a steel one from a Harbor Freight jack.  The guys that are having troubles with the lift on the LT-10 should look at this design, it would be an easy fix.

When I set my mill up the engine started on the very first pull.  So far I'm very satisfied for what I paid for this mill.  I know someone else who just ordered one and didn't have to wait for backorder.  Seems HF now has them in stock.

Bob

Thank You Sponsors!