iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

We're learning

Started by Ed_K, July 19, 2003, 06:55:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed_K

Well I learned that if you want lots of 2x4s, its faster to run the hemlock to a 12" cant and tricut it, then turn 90 deg and cut the 2x4s. I learned today that you don't want to take a job resawing 2x8s to 2x4s that were around a paint booth for a few yrs. 16 boards wiped out the blade :'(.
 Ed K
Ed K

Tom

Welcome to the world of Reclaimed timbers.  That's the kind of material I was resawing except I was trimming the edges of 3x13's and then cutting the paint off of both wide sides and making two 5/4x12's.  I now what you are talking about wiping out blades. :)

dail_h

Resawed some beams once from out of an old shoe factory,the pile of busted blades was bigger than the pile of boards. Them idiots would drive them sewing needles into 'em,they'd take the teeth off just as fast as they went by.
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

Ed_K

Tom,
 I put 8 2xs on, and sawed in half. The set was gone and tip of teeth where dull. Changed blades, set up 8 more, same thing. but the job is done after 3 blades. No more of that type of sawing for me, green wood is best.
 Ed K
Ed K

Thank You Sponsors!