iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Walnut Log

Started by EZ, April 21, 2003, 03:13:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EZ

This is the Black Walnut Log I sawed Saturday!  8)

Jeff

Hey, I know that picture!, heck you got the hard part down, getting the picture here. optimizing is easy
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

EZ

Muck got it on for me, she said she don't really know how she did it, but she did.
EZ

ohsoloco

Don't we get to see it opened up?  :-/

EZ

Sorry, after Muck took this picture she left with the camera, she had to go and get the Grand-kids. I figure I'd take a picture of some boards the next morning, but the guy loaded them up and took them some where. Kinda was a bummer, cause he wanted me to saw the boards as wide as I could which where 26 inches wide. Good thing I counted the BF before I left that evening. Next week-end I'm going to finish sawing all the 3 and 4 ft peaces, then he has some nice big red oak to saw. 8)
EZ

WV_hillbilly

It' s a shame we can't see your handy work . I'll bet it was some really nice looking figure in those boards.  Did you saw it thru and thru or did you turn it ?
Hillbilly

EZ

The first log was quarter sawn, the second log which you see on the mill was turned I dont know how many times cause he was there trying to figure out what he wanted. I'd saw a couple boards off and he'd say now I think I want some boards on this side, no wait a minute, maybe on this side. Hyd,s wood have been the cats meow that day. The third log was clear, so I flat sawn the whole log. I called him yesterday to see what he did with the lumber and he took them to the kiln. He's building a house right now and wants to use the walnut for trim and cabnets. Pretty cool knowing the lumber ya sawed is going in a house instead of a fence or barn.
EZ

Thank You Sponsors!