iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Fifth Wheel

Started by Magicman, May 27, 2015, 02:26:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gspren

I recently looked at some slide in truck campers and many of them now have slides and have the bed oriented front to back so that you enter from the foot end of bed without climbing over each other, although I remember when that was fun  ;).
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Magicman

Yup, and some of those Lance's, etc, are heavy and expensive.   :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

gspren

Quote from: Magicman on June 06, 2015, 10:16:54 PM
Yup, and some of those Lance's, etc, are heavy and expensive.   :o

My truck, F450, don't mind heavy and you can't take the money with you. Look at the Lance 1172, nothing like the slide ins I had in the 80s.

Magicman

There is no question that a Truck Camper is one of the easiest and most maneuverable camper styles available.  That is why we kept the Outfitter.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

nmericle53

Nice ride...both of them. I know you had them match the colors to your truck. Maybe we will get to see it in Michigan 2015.
Thank you GOD for blessing me much more than I deserve.

DR_Buck

Nice looking rig MM.   5th wheels are great towing compared to bumper pull.   We thought about bringing ours to the Pig Roast, but haven't had it out yet this year and don't want to go that far on the 1st trip of the season.   
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

gspren

Quote from: DR_Buck on June 25, 2015, 11:16:29 PM
Nice looking rig MM.   5th wheels are great towing compared to bumper pull.   We thought about bringing ours to the Pig Roast, but haven't had it out yet this year and don't want to go that far on the 1st trip of the season.   

That's what we are doing for our first trip of the year, the truck has been used regularly.

Magicman

Quote from: nmericle53 on June 25, 2015, 10:33:54 PMNice ride...both of them. I know you had them match the colors to your truck.
Thanks.  Actually there was no effort to match truck/trailer colors.  When we visited the factory a month earlier and spec'ed ours out, we as well as the manufacturer noticed how well the colors matched and commented on it.

We are getting anxious to GO.   :)

SawyerBrown

Nice looking outfit, sir!  Assume it has all the amenities (toilet, shower, kitchen, etc) ...

Just curious if the truck is your "business truck"?  Mine gets loaded with "stuff", including sawdust in every nook and cranny!
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

Magicman

QuoteAssume it has all the amenities (toilet, shower, kitchen, etc) ...
Thanks.  Yup, everything.

Yes, that is my work truck.  Well, it is my only truck.  I had to replace the "bed" tool box with one that is flush with the top of the truck bed.  The 5th wheel hitch (all or part) is easily removed leaving only the rails, so the area inside of the bed is not compromised.

The problem with the "Truck Camper" was that everything including the tool box and tail gate had to be removed to use it.  That wound up being a half day dreaded job.  Then when I put it all back, nothing was ever in the right place or fit properly.  I kept the Truck Camper, but it will only be used on Colorado hunting trips.

blackfoot griz

I sure hope  to see that here in Montana!
Your last visit was a whirlwind tour.  I will have to get hardtail John to influence your travel choices.

Magicman

He used that old horse trick once, so something different will have to be tried.   ;D  :D

Magicman

I installed the "backup" camera on the camper today. 

The screen/monitor covers the CD slot which is something the we have never used anyway.  It is attached with "industrial" Velcro, so it can be easily removed when not needed.

I attached the camera and transmitter to the refrigerator louver and routed the wiring through the louver where I had easy access to 12vdc.

I can now see if ah Goat is following me.

coxy

:D :D :laugh: :laugh:

beenthere

I'm thinking that will come in very handy quite often. smiley_thumbsup

Which brand did you get?
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Magicman

TadiBrothers.  I was not keen on the way it is wired up, because of the exposed wiring and connectors, but as I installed it, it worked OK.  The reviews show it to have the strongest signal of any.

WmFritz

Wouldn't it be handy to have a quick connect on your camera/transmitter? When your not using the camper, you could slap them on the back of your pickup and make backing under the mill much easier.

Having a b/u camera on my pickup has spoiled me something terrible.  ;D
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Magicman

Yup, the truck has a b/u camera built into the tailgate.  The monitor for it is in the rear view mirror.  I looked into expanding that, but opted to go this way.

SawyerBrown

Quote from: Magicman on July 11, 2015, 05:09:45 PM
I can now see if ah Goat is following me.
Don't you just hate tail-goaters!
Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

WmFritz

Quote from: Magicman on July 12, 2015, 07:38:42 AM
Yup, the truck has a b/u camera built into the tailgate.  The monitor for it is in the rear view mirror.  I looked into expanding that, but opted to go this way.

Your already ahead of the game. Now you see that goat sneaking up from all angles.  ;D
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Magicman

This Pig Roast trip will take us through; Tennessee, Arkansas, Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, West Virginia, Kentucky, Virginia, Tennessee, Georgia, and Alabama.  move_it

We will be retracing some previous steps and making new tracks in others.   

DR_Buck

Quote from: Magicman on July 22, 2015, 08:59:50 AM
This Pig Roast trip will take us through; Tennessee, Arkansas, Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, West Virginia, Kentucky, Virginia, Tennessee, Georgia, and Alabamamove_it

We will be retracing some previous steps and making new tracks in others.

Where are you going in or through VA?      Also my 5th wheel has factory installed backup camera.  It's up on top where it can't be reached from the ground.   I think it is less likely to disappear from up there.   Also, I haven't done it yet, but several guys on the RV forum I follow use a 'hanger' for the backup monitor and hang it over the rear view mirror.  This is a good idea since the mirror is useless while the trailer is hitched.   They also keep it live while moving so they are aware of tailgators.

Magicman

QuoteWhere are you going in or through VA?
The far Western tip.  Hwy 23 through Big Stone Gap.

DR_Buck

Quote from: Magicman on July 22, 2015, 08:06:20 PM
QuoteWhere are you going in or through VA?
The far Western tip.  Hwy 23 through Big Stone Gap.

That's where the wife is from.   Back up in the 'holler'.

Magicman

We have a hankering to travel the Blue Ridge again, but that will be another time and another trip.

Thank You Sponsors!