iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Cabin Air Filter - F250 Super Duty

Started by submarinesailor, November 28, 2006, 06:47:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

submarinesailor

Can any of you guys tell me the location of the cabin air filter on a 2003 F250 Super Duty?  How hard is it to change out?

Bruce

Polly

8) 8) 8) 8)i dont wnow for sure but i found the info i needed to change the filter on my honda oddssey on one of the honda forums their probly is forums on ford also  suggestion if you find it take it out and do not replace  my honda filter had milldue on back side of it it was killing my allergies good luck finding it mine wason air exhaust of heater and ac side

moosehunter

Ss,
I just looked it up, if it has a filter it was dealer installed. Looks like the factory did not install them.
If it has one, take down the panel above your feet as you sit in the passanger seat. Looking from the doorway you will see a access door at the bottom of the heater box.

Polly,
The mold shows you what the filter is stopping and why you need to change it often!

mh
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

submarinesailor

mh,

Could you give me the link/web site you found your info.  I tried looking it up and couldn't find anything.

Bruce

SwampDonkey

In my new 2007 RAV 4, when you open the glove box you'll see a sticker on the outside left face if one was installed. To access it, you pull out the glove box and it's in behind. It's part of the AC system. I'm pretty sure all 2007 RAV's have one. The dealer even mentioned it to me when I was buying the SUV, they check it each time it's serviced.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Weekend_Sawyer

Hey Bruce,

Is your 2003 F250 a Diesel? and if so is it the 7.3 or 6.0?
I ask because I am looking for a newer truck and have heard great things about the 7.3 but not so good things about the 6.0

Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

SwampDonkey

Might not be able to find a site on the internet. They usually want to sell you an expensive repair/maintenance manual or go to the dealer. So, information may be kept from the general public. Why not ask a dealer where it's at? I did a quick search for your filter online and all I came up with was the part and it's price, no install instructions.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

Might be a hint here.

http://www.2carpros.com/fordtruckparts/ford_cabin_filter.htm

Can't think it would be to difficult to find after a little inspection. Seems to me the owner's manual should indicate something, but if this is a dealer thing it may not.

Murf

I did a little digging, cause I don't recall there being one on any of miy F-350's.

According to my dealer's parts dept. it is a dealer install option kit, done only at the customers specific request (and expense) for vehicles like an ambulance, where air quality is an issue, and it goes into a frame installed in the heater box under the dash on the passenger side.

According to his parts inventory, they have never even sold a filter, let alone a kit, and it's a pretty big dealership. The parts guy I spoke to didn't even know there was such a thing till he looked it up for me.
If you're going to break a law..... make sure it's Murphy's Law.

moosehunter

Ss,
Pm me a fax number, I will fax you a copy. I cannot link you to it, it is a subscription service that we use at work.
mh
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

Polly

8) 8) 8)the milldue was on back side of the filter in the honda it didnt catch it it accumulated their air conditioner caused it :D :D

Quartlow

or you can try over here. theres some die hard ford fans here so you've been warned  :D

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

submarinesailor

Mike,

Got the fax, THANKS A BIG BUNCH!  How I just to find out if I have one installed or not. ::) ::) ::)

Bruce

Thank You Sponsors!