iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husky 575 vs, old 575, vs 372

Started by weimedog, December 09, 2007, 04:54:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weimedog

So the description says that Husqvarna redesigned the 575xp. Have they built a better version and can it compete with the revered 372xp? What are the real differences in these three saws? I notice a bunch of the first generation 575's for sale locally...usually for the $300-$350 price range.
Husqvarna 365sp/372xpw Blend, Jonsered 2171 51.4mm XPW build,562xp HTSS, 560 HTSS, 272XP, 61/272XP, 555, 257, 242, 238, Homelite S-XL 925, XP-1020A, Super XL (Dad's saw); Jonsered 2094, Three 920's, CS-2172, Solo 603; 3 Huztl MS660's (2 54mm and 1 56mm)

sawguy21

We have sold a few 575XP's and have not experienced any problems. I ran one against a 372 and did not notice any difference except weight, the 575 is heavier. These were new saws on their first tank of gas.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

weimedog

You sell the new version or the old version..and is there a tangable difference in your mind between them?
Husqvarna 365sp/372xpw Blend, Jonsered 2171 51.4mm XPW build,562xp HTSS, 560 HTSS, 272XP, 61/272XP, 555, 257, 242, 238, Homelite S-XL 925, XP-1020A, Super XL (Dad's saw); Jonsered 2094, Three 920's, CS-2172, Solo 603; 3 Huztl MS660's (2 54mm and 1 56mm)

Ed

To my knowledge the "redesigned" 575xp is just a paint job. In the future Husky will be redesigning it due to the fact it's.......uh....well.......a fat pig. The saw has not been widely accepted, it's not hard to understand why either. The 372xp is one of the sweetest handling saws out there with an excellent power to weight ratio and an excellent track record.
Find yourself a 372xp!!!!

Ed & won't give up his 371xp.

sawguy21

We have not yet seen the 'new' version and I can't find any information on it. Likely a cosmetic change as Ed suggested.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

TexasTimbers

weimedog I concur. Husky is still making the 372s even though they were going to discontinue them. then the word got out and everyone started buying them up in a frenzy and Bailey's and several other mailorder stores ran out of them. Even Husqvarna knew a good thing when they seen it. They "delayed" the demise of the 372 line and still make them. This happened because the demand remains strong. The demand remains strong because it is one of the best saws ever made. It has a cult following like the MS361.

Bailey's has them in stock, but you can't order it online from them or anyone any more you have to pick up the phone. Click their ad on the left and the phone number is there.
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

SawTroll

Quote from: weimedog on December 09, 2007, 04:54:01 PM
So the description says that Husqvarna redesigned the 575xp. Have they built a better version and can it compete with the revered 372xp? What are the real differences in these three saws? I notice a bunch of the first generation 575's for sale locally...usually for the $300-$350 price range.

What I heard is than they have been working on getting the weight down, but that is just a rumor......... :-\
Information collector.

PB Logging

Want to offer my $.02.  I'm a 575 fan through and through.  Last week I retired one that had a hard 6 month life (much trauma in that young saws life).  Never did think about replacing that saw with anything but another 575, in fact I did so with in about 2 hours of its final demise.  I keep 3 saws with me these days 2 each 575's with 24"s and a 395 w/ 36" for those days I feel like suffering.  I fall 95% with the 575 and my topper/bucker runs the other 575.  Board feet can vary greatly but we use about 15-20 gallons of mixed fuel a week with about 46 weeks of production a year.

I'll make somebody a great deal on that 575 carcas.  Left side of the case is cracked completly, lean seeizure, split muffler, snapped brake handle, bent to hell dogs, fuel and oil caps been scavanged already but other than that ready to work.

Make it a safe day!!!!

weimedog

I haven't figured out of your post is an indictment or endorsment of the 575!

SawTroll

Quote from: weimedog on December 31, 2007, 10:42:55 AM
I haven't figured out of your post is an indictment or endorsment of the 575!

Sounds like the tree won!     ::)
Information collector.

PB Logging

Let my add a few pics to help support my 575 opinion, no bones about it I'm a fan. Took the cam to work today. Pics aren't the best but so be it. 

The job began the 12th of DEC with about 18 days of production. The job is clear completly of all vegetation ~30 acres. 25% of the timber I am falling (stumps remain, EPA, erosion, etc) while the rest is being track-hoe harvested. Tree length logs are being loaded with one of the 3 hoes into one of 3 ~20 yard off road dump trucks for forwarding to one of 3 landings. The timber is in various parcels on a 400 acre site. The log piles represent ~25% of the harvest, the  dumpster of firewood 1 of 8 (20 and 30 yard dumpsters) of the collection with the other 75% of the harvest and firewood already hauled. Myself and a guy with 18 days experience cutting with 575's  24" bars (the occasional 36" to get a big boy while my 395 is down) about 50 gallons of mixed gas.  I'm not sure how well the photos demostrate the volume of wood but to this point ~230 cubic yards of firewood and 15 semi loads of timber have been hauled.

This is production on a scale I'm not accustomed to.  The 575's are holding up well, about 8 chains have been retired, about 20 are in rotation (some of this cutting is very dirty), only 5 new chains have been started on this job.  Between 4 and 10 men are on the job from day to day depending on equipment needs. Only myself and a laborer are working the logs, topping, stumping, bucking, firewood, stacking, sorting, etc. 

Moral of the story:  I'm a fan of the 575...

Make it a safe day!!!!

timberjack240

pap had one of the old one we noticed you cant cut that extra little bit and run em outta gas keep em filled and theyll start alot easier run em out and ohhh my .. theyre a mice trimmin saw and they run smooth but il admit im not a fan of em in big hardwoods cuttin down and to be reall honest im a little scared of the speed .. im sorta a 385 man lots of power torqe some wieght and vibs but nice for everything but there not a bad saw and we run ams oil so they dont smoke qiute liek the 85s  and i dont know bout you guys but that handle fits me great  ;D

SawTroll

It looks like the NE575xp went down .4 lbs in weight, and .4hp up in power.
Information collector.

woodsrunner

Hey SawTroll,
Have you been able to verify if the hp and weight changes on the 575xp are real? I saw the "new" specs in the 2008 Husky catalog also. I also heard there was the possibility this was a misprint in the catalog (maybe from one of your posts somewhere)? Just wondering if you had figured out the actual facts of the information. Seems like you always have FACT to support your posts on saw topics. I always appreciate that kind of info.

woodsrunner

SawTroll

Quote from: woodsrunner on March 11, 2008, 08:12:40 PM
Hey SawTroll,
Have you been able to verify if the hp and weight changes on the 575xp are real? I saw the "new" specs in the 2008 Husky catalog also. I also heard there was the possibility this was a misprint in the catalog (maybe from one of your posts somewhere)? Just wondering if you had figured out the actual facts of the information. Seems like you always have FACT to support your posts on saw topics. I always appreciate that kind of info.

woodsrunner

I believe it is true, as the rumors have been around for quite some time....

Note that the speced weight reduction isn't that great, and even the old ones actually weighted a tad less than speced.

As the kW and hp numbers are consistent with each other, I think the chances that it is a misprint is about Zero %.

Another thing is that the numbers for the 75cc 372xp obviously are messed up in the same catalog........
Information collector.

woodsrunner

Thanks SawTroll!! I see what you mean about the 372xpw. Off by about 0.24 hp, should be 5.36 hp not 5.6 hp. (Did I do that right?)

MikeH

PB Logging, what size bar and chain do you like on the 575
Mike

Thank You Sponsors!