iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pretty Table Slab

Started by Fla._Deadheader, January 24, 2004, 09:19:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fla._Deadheader

We got the trailer load of Pecky and Red Cedar delivered today. We kept the 2 best table slabs. What would be a good asking price for these???  We kinda gave away the rest of the Cedar @ $3.00 bd/ft.  ::)   ;D

This slab is 30" wide X 11 feet long X 2" thick. The grain didn't show up as well as I had wanted for the pic.

Also bought 2 Belsaw Planers w/ripsaw attachments, that never had boards run through them, and bought a Corley--2 saw Edger with the adjustable straight line fence on the left side. Paid $500.00 for the pair of Planers and $500.00 for the Edger. Edger is in great shape.  Life is good, lately. 8) ;D ;D

All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

shopteacher

Nice looking plank. should make a mighty fine top.  You must be living right to get a couple deals like that. Congratulations.
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

Fla._Deadheader

Thanks. We have been struggling since the Partners dumped the logging mess on us. Now that we are turning things around, I expect to hear from them, soon. I make it a point to get the word out, so they will hear about it ;D ;) :) :)

Got Larry's pkg of wood today. No sign of your's yet. Thanks
   First, it is ridiculed;

Frank_Pender

Very nice looking table slabs FD.  I am glad your ventures are turning the corner for you.   8) 8)
Frank Pender

Fla._Deadheader

Thanks Frank. We were apprehensive at first, about building a mill. Thanks to all the support here, we are doing well.

Sure will enjoy that Drying and Machining Forum, now 8) 8)
   First, it is ridiculed;

Norm

If you know what to look for you can see the beautiful swirl patterns in your slab. We don't have very much ERC on our place but some of the crotchwood  has the color variations like yours but never of that size.

Have you tried e-bay for selling these kinds of pieces Harold or do you market them locally?

Of course shipping is extra. ;D

Fla._Deadheader

Hi Norm. We try to sell locally. That large slab in the pic, weighs about 200 pounds. Shipping would be about $300.00.

We sell most of our Pecky to a local Lumber Yard. They try to double the price. The Cedar was another story. When I got home yesterday, I had to change my shirt from where the buyer was crying all over me about the $3.00 per. ::) ::) ::)

What a game we sawyers must play, to try to earn an honest buck ::) ??? ;D :D :D :D

Norm, I'll trade ya one of them big Cedars for one of them nice Walnuts :o ;D :D :D :D :D
   First, it is ridiculed;

Thank You Sponsors!