iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Official 2010 Forestry Forum RSVP Thread.

Started by asy, May 29, 2010, 03:35:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

asy

Its almost time again!  Looking at the counter in the left column its only 70 more days!

RSVP is not mandatory for the Pigroast, but we always start a thread asking who is planning on coming or at least is going to try to be here so we can get an idea on planning supplies for the day. For some members, I know it needs to be a last minute decision to come and we can all understand that.

For the last few years (well, actually, since the piggy roast started) I've been saying "I'll try to get there NEXT year)...  That time has COME!

My Mum (Tamara), Daughter (Steph) and I are COMING!!!

So, thanks to da Boss, I have the great privellege of being the first to start the 2010 piggy roast RSVP thread and ask you ALL to add your number to the total as we go along!

Therefore, we start with a 3!

asy :D

NOTE FROM ADMIN: ADDED PIGROST INFO
Quote from: Jeff on May 06, 2010, 01:34:49 PM
The Pig roast has evolved into more then Saturday (August 7th).  Anyone that wants to come Friday August 6th if more then welcome, but be prepared to be assigned a job, like holding down a chair or something. :)   For any one here, we have a supper that evening and get the pig in the roaster.

Saturday the 7th we have a breakfast for anyone that is here early or still here from the night before. The actual pigroast as far as I am concerned is underway as soon as the pig hits the roaster the night before.  We try to eat around 12 or 1, something like that. When ever everything comes together.  If you don't show up until then, thats fine, but you are really missing out if you wait. In the afternoon we usually gather around and have drawings for door prizes that sponsors (and sometimes members) have provided.  There is no end time.  Usually its around midnight or after before people drag up and go to bed.

Sunday. Some people hang out or stop back by to visit and help pick up the biggest of the remains of the night before.

What to bring. Yourself and spouse, your kids, swim cloths if you want to swim. If you want to bring a dish to pass, thats cool, but totally unnecessary or expected.

Below are some google links that will be helpful. If you find a hotel or campground you want an opinion on, just let me know and I'll tell you what we know.  The last link it a link to us from google maps.  We have limited room here to camp. Its first come first serve.  I usually try and provide for those that have always camped here in the past first, and if they are not going to come, then we pass the spot on.  There is usually always room to plant a tent. Truck campers are easy to find a space usually, large R.V.s and trailers are very limited.

Google link for Harrison area Campgrounds.

Google Link for Harrison area Hotels

Google Link for Clare area Hotels

Map to Pig Roast Location
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Burlkraft

Why not just 1 pain free day?

Jeff

We'll be there! 

Jeff, Wildflower, Stacy, Jeremy, Dogman Pete and Lynda

makes

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

WDH

I am planning to come making me lucky  13
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Corley5

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

james

LeeB

'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

asy

Also, naughty me, forgot KAREN, who's comin' with us..

Well, technically, we're comin' with her, but, you know what I mean...

so that makes: 21!  8)

Texas Ranger

With more positive thought than I have had in the past, Sue and I will be there, good Lord willing and the creeks don't rise, and hurricanes don't hit, well Dang, we are gonna try.

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Mooseherder

We are gonna make it this year.  8)
Glenn and Lolita  =25

DR Buck

Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

OneWithWood

One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Reddog

isawlogs

A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

isawlogs

A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

chet

Da Yoopers are comin'.  Judy and I'll make turdy four
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

isawlogs

Marcel

asy

I concur!!!    8) 8) 8)

Chet, I'm REALLY excited to get to meet you and hear some yooperese!

asy :D

LeeB

Oh well, I don't know why I actually thought I would be home for once but it ain't happening. Scratch me off the list. :( >:(
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

wood monger

Can I get some details on the FF pigroast. I've got the date August 7th. Where is it what days can you show up there, times etc.

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Burlkraft

Quote from: LeeB on June 09, 2010, 01:53:30 PM
Oh well, I don't know why I actually thought I would be home for once but it ain't happening. Scratch me off the list. :( >:(

Awwww Lee......I was lookin' forward to meeting you   :-\  :-\  :-\  :-\

Mebby next year Eh?
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Weekend_Sawyer

Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

LeeB

Quote from: Burlkraft on June 10, 2010, 08:06:57 AM
Quote from: LeeB on June 09, 2010, 01:53:30 PM

Awwww Lee......I was lookin' forward to meeting you   :-\  :-\  :-\  :-\

Mebby next year Eh?

Maybe, but I'm just about to give up hope of ever making it there. I was sure looking forward to putting some face to names, not that I can remeber names. If by some miracle my schedule doesn't change between now and next year I should be off for the next one.

Thank You Sponsors!