iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hedgelaying , work/training traveling

Started by Dorset, May 24, 2019, 05:41:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dorset

Evening/afternoon all
1st of all Im from the UK. just so you know and all this might be clearer.....

Im in the VERY VERY early stages of possibly visiting Washington State San Juan Island.
Im a contract hedgelayer here in the UK (web site in signature ) and some people are interested in learning the traditional craft of hedgelaying, also on a FB page Im on there are a few more. 

For someone never having been over your side of the pond. 
This is a chance I would love to have.
But wondering how practicable this could be.

Russell
Dorset Hedgelayer ? Hedge Laying,
Echo 501XS, Echo 390ESX, Echo 2511WES. Elwell3807#2, & Gilpin Yorkshire billhooks, L200, 1 Cocker Spaniel & 1 Cairn Terrier,

lxskllr

I'm on the other side of the country, but otherwise, I'd love to learn hedgelaying. That's right up my alley. Manipulating nature to be useful, instead of imposing artificial constructs in an attempt to bend nature to human wishes  :^)

Dorset

Ixskllr, 
good evening, there are a few on the East coast that have shown interest on the FB ...North American  coppicing and hedgelaying page.
 I had this mad idea that I might be able to do a couple of locations/stops on me way back.
But Im sure thats a bit far fetched, still in the VERY VERY early stages of sorting the 1st destination, never mind traveling round the USA  :D

Over here we forget how big you are compared to little old UK.

regards
Russell
Russell
Dorset Hedgelayer ? Hedge Laying,
Echo 501XS, Echo 390ESX, Echo 2511WES. Elwell3807#2, & Gilpin Yorkshire billhooks, L200, 1 Cocker Spaniel & 1 Cairn Terrier,

Thank You Sponsors!