iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

D6 radiator

Started by Firewoodjoe, May 26, 2020, 07:32:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firewoodjoe

This d6h has a leaking rubber between one of the radiator cores and the bottom tank. This has a folded/folding radiator where it has like 6 separate radiator cores that seal in the top and bottom tank with rubber. It looks like I need to left the top header tank some to lift the one radiator core. And also tilt the hard nose to do that. Any advice? 

kiko

Typically I find these Cats come apart easiest in groups.  I would pull the whole nose cone and then remove the radiator from the group.  

Firewoodjoe

It's also in the woods. So I don't want to make this a major tear down. You say groups? But they are individual. Only two bolts hold each one. But the top tank needs to be lifted about an inch to slid them out of there hole. I'm going to work on it today. I need it. Thanks 

Firewoodjoe

If anyone needs this info it is possible. Just loosen the top tank/header bolts and lift/pry it up. Just enough room to change one section at a time if u have two people. I'm waiting for parts now. And praying for dry ground😬

kiko

Country boys can survive .

Firewoodjoe

She's all fixed and ready but it rained and there's water over the cutting edge when I got here this am🤬

Bert

Feel your pain! Glad you are back in action when the clouds part though.
Saw you tomorrow!

Thank You Sponsors!