iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Need help.

Started by welderskelter, June 19, 2021, 08:20:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

welderskelter

My wife found a tree that has little hops like things hanging on it. Kinda looks like a pinecone only it is green and soft to the touch. I hope I described it good enough so I dont have to put a pic of it on here. Its not a pine. I hate pines.

JohnW

These little things hanging on it are attached with what?

Southside

A picture is worth way more than a thousand words around here....
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

welderskelter

Thanks guys. It was an ironwood. Guess I just never looked at one that close before.

SwampDonkey

Yep, this time of year they are showy, a lime green ornament in dark green foliage. I have 4 of them in the yard. The chickadees like the seeds, they have hid them in the past in bird boxes. Winter stashes. :D

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

HemlockKing

Quote from: SwampDonkey on June 20, 2021, 02:58:28 AM
Yep, this time of year they are showy, a lime green ornament in dark green foliage. I have 4 of them in the yard. The chickadees like the seeds, they have hid them in the past in bird boxes. Winter stashes. :D

Half the bird boxes I set out ended up being “chickadee stash houses” lol . Them little guys are hoarders!
A1

Don P

There's so many "ironwood"s are we talking about eastern hophornbeam?
Bronze smooth bark with conspicuous lenticels when young and a finer shaggy rectangular bark as it matures.

welderskelter

Thank You Sponsors!