Previous topic - Next topic

Corley5

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Corley5

Corley5

mike_belben

Heck yeah.  Looks great.  Boy you move some wood. 
Praise The Lord

Corley5

I did just short of 1,500 face cord/500 standard cord in 2020.  I'm on track to at least match that this year.

thecfarm

Looks like you keep a few bars on hand.  smiley_thumbsup
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

samandothers

mike_belben

Corley how many hp, psi and gpm is that unit putting out?  

Single gear pump or multiple?
Praise The Lord

Corley5

Honda GX670 24hp, I've not confirmed the gpm but recall something about it being 25 or 28.  Which seems high for the hp.  Runs 2,800psi.  Double gear pump.  Big section runs the splitter and saw.
 I get about 500 face cords out of a bar unless there's a mishap ;) ;D
 Way less back aches than wielding a chainsaw and wrestling blocks on to a splitter :D :D :) :) 8) 8)

mike_belben

Dash 8 or so hoses to the saw motor?
Praise The Lord

Corley5

It's more complicated than that ;)  3/4" from the power beyond feeds a sequencing valve controlled by pressure from the saw bar valve/cylinder supplied by a 3/8" line.  1/2" feeds and returns oil from the saw motor from that  :) ;D  When the log is clamped hydraulic pressure actuates the spool in the sequencing valve and turns on the motor.

mike_belben

ahh.  

Cant trust the operator to use his own sequencing valve per the product liability insurance reviewers initial report.  

Forgot about that. 

;)
Praise The Lord

Corley5

I misspoke.  Pressure is supplied by the log clamp to actuate the saw motor and move the saw bar.  Clamping and sawing are done with one valve.  When Multi Tek first came out with the 1610 there were two valves to use.  You clamped the log and then pulled the valve for the bar and saw.  Block Buster's system then was far better.

mike_belben

Thats a horse of a different color.  Is the clamp cylinder and bar stroke cylinder teed in upstream of the saw motor? 

the saw motor engages softly as the clamp gets tight? Or the clamp tightens then saw bar begins to move and saw motor comes on full force after a certain pressure rise?

Does the saw motor spin in reverse when you raise the clamp?
Praise The Lord

mike_belben

Im rereading and looking closer at the vid.. I think youre saying Oil pressure in the clamp circuit acts against a spool that starts the saw motor. 
Praise The Lord

barbender

Not sure and I've never even looked at how it's plumbed, but my Dyna works the same way. You bring the clamp down, and when it hits a preset pressure (I think it's around 1000psi) the saw motor starts and the bar starts to feed. The saw motor starts fairly abruptly, too.
Too many irons in the fire

Corley5

Quote from: mike_belben on July 07, 2021, 05:23:43 PM
 Or the clamp tightens then saw bar begins to move and saw motor comes on full force after a certain pressure rise?

Does the saw motor spin in reverse when you raise the clamp?
Yes and no.  

mike_belben

Quote from: barbender on July 07, 2021, 05:33:23 PM
 You bring the clamp down, and when it hits a preset pressure (I think it's around 1000psi) the saw motor starts and the bar starts to feed. The saw motor starts fairly abruptly, too.
Maybe just as simple as a pressure switch engaging a solenoid diverter valve or something like that. 
Praise The Lord

Tin Horse

My Bell 1000 works as Mike describes it also. On a single valve. I can clamp and not engage the saw until a slight pressure increase.
Bell 1000 Wood Processor. Enercraft 30HTL, Case 580SL. Kioti 7320.

Thank You Sponsors!