iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

John Deere 450e dozer transmission problem

Started by Piddler, August 07, 2021, 09:27:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Piddler

:) I have gone through the steering clutch assembly on both sides and replaced the seals and the rings on the manifolds, cleaned the strainer in bottom of transmission, filled with new jd oil and still have the same  problem.While pushing or traming and I clutch the right side, then release  it doesn't come back immediately. After going a few feet it is engaged again. When I check it by clutching both sides at the same time and then release the right side it will only tighten up the slack in the tracks. I can start the machine and push into a hillside and both sides dig like they should. Acts like a sticky valve or something like that. Anyone with a 450e ever have this problem?
When I ask the same question more than once please excuse me since I suffer from (CRS)

Firewoodjoe

Only experience I've had even close was a case 1150. It was air locked. And it was not easy to get all the air out to make it work right again. Good luck. Someone else may know on here. 

mike_belben

I dont know deeres.  @kiko and @bargemonkey may have experience on that machine
Praise The Lord

kiko

I am not familiar with your machine . Dealing with steering clutchs in general, it sounds like your clutch return springs are weak.  

snowstorm

Did you replace the hoses to the clutch packs.

BargeMonkey

☝☝☝. Be the place to start. Have you checked for bound linkage ? I went from a B series to a G -Js, an E is a completely different beast than a G so my books don't help. 

snowstorm

The e is a updated c better front cross beam raised operator platform and a few other things. Do you have the Deere tech manual? You need one and a pressure gadge and go through the set up. Dose it shift forward to reverse fast or slow? It should be quick but not so fast it throws you onto the hood. And make sure the brakes are adjusted right

Piddler

Brakes are adjusted,shifts like it should and no, I didn't replace the hoses on the clutch assembly. I do have the manual but I was just looking for some advice from someone who may have a clue to the problem. Thanks everyone for your help, it's greatly appreciated.
When I ask the same question more than once please excuse me since I suffer from (CRS)

snowstorm

It's been quite a while since I have had one apart. When I worked for the Deere dealer we were told to always replace the hoses no matter if they looked ok or not. Nobody here can see it only go buy what you see. If the fiber and steel discs were good. Then go through the setup in the book including lever travel

Thank You Sponsors!