iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Timber buddy mill.

Started by BargeMonkey, December 04, 2021, 06:39:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BargeMonkey

Anyone seen one ? It's Amish made and built in NY. About the same price as a new comparable Cooks. Nothing really wrong but at 7khrs its getting time for the timberharvester to go down the road. 

Stephen1

Looks nice but hard to see. Looks fully hydraulic witha chain turner. Are thry close to you?
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Bruno of NH

I have seen a YouTube video of that mill running a big John deer power plant.
It was fast and had some very nice options on it.
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

moodnacreek

They advertise in Equipment showcase that also advertises hand set wide band mills, line shaft ready.

BargeMonkey

Built in western NY, couple hours from me. Yeah looking at the 120hp 4.5 deere power tech model with all the options but haven't physically seen one yet, why I'm wondering. 🤷‍♂️ 

Walnut Beast

BargeMonkey

Walnut Beast

What hp did you get on it and how do you like it? How wide does it cut? Looks like the guide roller system is built fairly well.

BargeMonkey

120hp 4.5 Powertech. Big cook wheels, guides, baker scale, All I got was pictures of it being delivered and then getting it in the building, I will see it in July when I get home. Jeff said it's HEAVY, got it pointed in and on the dolleys, kept rolling it in with the 644. 

I need some tamerack for a porch and may do this 2 family in board and batten so I will find out 🤷‍♂️ 

Walnut Beast

The price I seen on one last year that was on Proxibid was really good. It definitely looks impressive. That one had the setworks on it. I don't know if yours has it also. But with the full hydraulics it looks impressive! 

Walnut Beast

Here was the setworks 

Southside

Nice mill.  What size bands will it run? 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

BargeMonkey

No fancy set works, we never used them on the last mill. Ordered extra plumbing to run a Baker 3 strand live deck that's got to be lowered and put in. Biggest selling point was the wheels, how the bearings are set up, 2" bands. Have to find a slab saw here at somepoint. 

Riwaka

Is the Timber Buddy for cornering the high-end kindling firewood market?

The Buddy feeding two Pezzolato TB 600s kindling stompers with 6 inch thick slabs.

TB 600 Pezzolato firewood processor to produce kindling logs - YouTube

tacks Y

Barge, Are the wheels steel or run a belt? How big are they? You will love the high wheel, I love mine 1" = 3 or more inches on the wheel.

BargeMonkey

Here it is, 🤷‍♂️. Didn't order the set works, ordered everything else. Powered rollers, the big engine, wanted the fuel tank remote, no power feed back belt. I think you could work a man to death tailing behind it. 

2" bands. The big wheels. Everything is hydraulic. 

Walnut Beast

Very nice! All hydraulics are very nice! How wide does it cut through the throat 

Walnut Beast

I don't think you will have any complaints on power 😂

barbender

Too many irons in the fire

BargeMonkey

Quote from: Walnut Beast on June 01, 2022, 11:22:45 PM
Very nice! All hydraulics are very nice! How wide does it cut through the throat
I want to say it's capable of 38" x 20' but the door is only 17'8". That's the 3rd sawmill to sit there, originally there was a left hand Frick / 471 with a sawdust pit, had a small "300-6" circle mill inside and a "quality" brand band mill inside as a resaw, then the Timberharvester came, went to 1 mill, now this one. That mill will saw 2 triaxle load a day and not grunt, debating a new edger and slab saw, why we didn't mind cutting the hole, set the slab saw up with a trailer. We don't have the help and honestly I would rather invest money in iron and not help. No diff than with the hay, gravel pits or the logging, better iron and less wages / insurance. 

OntarioAl

Barg
Do you have to feed it DEF fluid
c\Cheers
Al
Al Raman

BargeMonkey

No def... 🤫 call it an Amish loophole, it's a "re-man" 4045 with the same warranty as new, in a new mill. Looked at a new Cook, Baker, went with this because they would build it exactly with whatever we wanted. It's not a small light mill, pictures are a little deceiving, I think it was 36-48 ? anchors to hold it down to the concrete. 

barbender

It looks like a tank, it actually looks a lot like a Baker.

If I ever bought a new mill from one of the big manufacturers, I think I would try to talk them into a glider😁 No engine, rebuild a Kubota or something and bolt it on.
Too many irons in the fire

Bruno of NH

I have always wondered about specifying the engine you want. 
I want a Kubota liquid cooled gas engine
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Southside

Mini nuke, one of those University reactors, power the rest of the operation with the excess power.  :D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Thank You Sponsors!