iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What is this machine?

Started by melezefarmer, February 20, 2022, 05:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

melezefarmer

I'm always on the lookout for anything resembling woodworking/sawmill equipment. This recently popped up in my local'ish classified. It is simply described as a bandsaw. What the heck is it? Resaw?

Thank you.

muggs

scsmith42

It appears to be a resaw bandsaw.
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

melezefarmer

Gary Davis

muggs

It could be a Yates, Stenner, or maybe a Mershon. My spelling may be off.

old3dogg

melezefarmer

Quote from: old3dogg on February 22, 2022, 12:04:09 PM
Scrap for extra beer money?

I wish unfortunately they are asking a substantial amount of (beer) money for it. Used sawmill equipment isn't as  available around here. I peruse throughout the listings in the sawmill exchange from time to time and feel like a kid going through the Sears Roebuck Christmas catalog.

GeneWengert-WoodDoc

The table and the knurled roller tell us that this a band resaw, that would be used to saw cants into lumber.  This equipment, if running would require a substantial saw sharpening operation and at least three band saw blades.  Further, it would usually have a merry-go- round feed table and long indeed and outfeed tables.

The idea of a resaw is that cants can be sawn into lumber at less cost and more quickly with higher grade lumber than if sawn on the head rig.
Gene - Author of articles in Sawmill & Woodlot and books: Drying Hardwood Lumber; VA Tech Solar Kiln; Sawing Edging & Trimming Hardwood Lumber. And more

Thank You Sponsors!