iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Noise Buster Earmuffs

Started by Tom Sawyer, June 03, 2008, 09:29:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Sawyer

After reading about them on a thread here somewhere, I decided to get the Noisebuster ANR earmuffs from Pro Tech.  First of all I have to say that the service was great.  I had to call to order them because they were being shipped to Canada.  Irv was very helpful and shipped them out the same day.

Secondly, I am extremely impressed with how well they work.  They do a great job of blocking sound without the ANR turned on, at least as well as the Peltors that I had been using.  Then I turned the ANR on -  :o  The steady roar of the Cat on my mill instantly turned into a quiet purr as the lower frequency sound disappeared, but the hiss of the blade was still clear, even with the background music from my iPod (which connects directly to the muffs). 

The muffs seem to be very well made, but of course only time will tell how they stand up.  They are not cheap - $150 (plus another $22 COD to ship them to Canada).  In any case, I highly recommend these earmuffs.  I will be contacting Irv again to let him know that he is getting some good press here on the FF and suggest that he consider becoming a sponser.

Tom

Thank You Sponsors!