iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Tippy, the neighborhood fox

Started by SwampDonkey, May 03, 2009, 09:16:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

This is one of the foxes that frequent the back yard, almost daily. I know there are at least two in the area, seen them both at once up the road near a stream. I'm calling this one Tippy. The one I see in my yard could be just one of the two or either at different times. No way to tell, so Tippy is any fox I see in the yard. :D

He was around this morning when I returned home from the woods. He was milling around the wood shavings from my stove wood. He could hear me walking on the pavement in the yard and peeked around the corner of the house to see what was coming. Off he went in short bolts to look back at me. He jumps and bounces sometimes like I see foxes do. Kind of a cagey stance.  Tippy, the neighborhood fox. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

fishpharmer

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

SwampDonkey

Come now. Can't shoot Tippy, she keeps the stray cats and rodents in check.  ;D

Although, I don't like her barking under my window at 2:00 am too well.  ::) Only happened a couple of times when the coyotes was barking back. :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

WDH

He only shoots squirrels with babies :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

SwampDonkey

Hey! It's Tippy and I against the squirrels and chipmunks.  ;D

Jeff

I think every other beagle is named Tippy too.  :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

WDH

My two beagles are named Calico and Shumard.

If I get another one, I will have to name it Tippy, I guess, if that is the rule :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Jeff

It may just be a northern rule Danny. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

ErikC

In CA I have met 2 treeing walker hounds named Tippy. They look a lot like Beagles...
Peterson 8" with 33' tracks, JCB 1550 4x4 loader backhoe, several stihl chainsaws

SwampDonkey

My mother had a black cat with a white tipped tail called Tippy. That's when she was a kid, and that's a long time ago. ;D

WDH

Now the Tippy Blanket falls over cats  :).

SwampDonkey

Tippy was around yesterday looking for some table scraps while I was doing top secret experiments working in the shop.  :)

Texas Ranger

Beautiful critter in their winter plumage.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Chuck White

Quote from: Jeff on May 18, 2009, 11:26:46 AM
I think every other beagle is named Tippy too.  :)

Jeff;  When I was a young teenager we had two beagles named Tippy, not at the same time.
The second one came along shortly after the first one met his maker!
They were both very good at bringing rabits around and into shooting distance!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Burlkraft

If I ever have a kid I'm gonna name him Tippy and dye his hair red  :D :D :D :D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Samuel

That fox would looked good stuffed on my mantle
Web: HugeDomains.com - StrategicHseSystems.com is for sale (Strategic Hse Systems)
LinkedIn http://ca.linkedin.com/in/samuelelkins
Software Solutions-
DATS | Digital Action Tracking System by ASM

Thank You Sponsors!