The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Chainsawr, The Worlds Largest Inventory of Chainsaw Parts

Smith Sawmill Service

Author Topic: Need  Land Cleared- Help need advice and direction  (Read 1593 times)

bud1

Need  Land Cleared- Help need advice and direction
« on: September 04, 2001, 06:04:12 PM »
I would like 5 or so acres of trees cleared on my property. I have fourteen acres-some clear,some not. The areas I would like cleared vary. About 1 acre (dense mature hardwood-4 to 20" dia.) will be cleared with a few left standing.Other areas will be thinned and cleared and have small saplings.Other areas need thinning and clearing and are dense to thin with 1" to 15" dia. trees. I am guessing around five acres. How do I go about getting an estimate for this project?( do I measure the areas and have clearing contractor adj for density and size of trees instead of a flat rate per acre?What is the going rate per acre for this work I need? I would like the stumps removed (buried on my prop or ground by machine) and all tops chipped.Do loggers harvest for pulp material?(Most of the trees will be 2- 12" in dia and I suspect this is not large enough for sawmill harvest).How long would this take to complete? I live in Thumb of Michigan.I see a few logging companies are listed on this site- are there any that have been used by anyone?(referral)      Thank you for your time and help.....its greatly appreciated                  bud

Offline timberbeast

• I Got nothin' to say :o)
    • Share Post
    • Timber Buyers Network Contact Page
Re: Need Land Cleared- Help need advice and direc
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2001, 07:56:37 PM »
I'd try to find a forester in the area to consult.  You may make a bit on the deal,  if there is a small logging operation around.  If it's easy to get to,  a bigger company may make a swing through.  I'm not familiar with your area,  so have nothing else I can offer,  sorry!
Where the heck is my axe???

Offline Ron Scott

• Forester
  • Administrator
    • Share Post
Re: Need Land Cleared- Help need advice and direc
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2001, 10:25:33 AM »
You should contact the local Conservation  District Forester, Michigan DNR Service Forester, or a professional Consulting Forester serving your area.

Discuss your land management plan and objectives with them for the best management recommendation. They can provide references for the needed timber harvesting and/or land clearing contractor.

What county are you located in?
~Ron

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Forwarder advice/ direction

Started by bkellyvtme on Forestry and Logging

8 Replies
Last post March 02, 2013, 03:40:23 PM
by Ken
xx
logs for sale from a 5 acre lot being cleared in Maryland

Started by thrjej on For Sale

2 Replies
Last post March 14, 2013, 11:49:50 AM
by thrjej